Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after much research on 18" wheels, i decided on going with my old enkei rpf1 17 x 7.5, 48 mm (off) rims from my old acura. the wheel/tire weighs in 9 lbs less than the stock ms6 wheels and there is a big difference in going and stopping performance. these are the same wheels real time racing (speed world challenge) uses on their cars.
handling wise, the car feels smoother over bumps, but just a hair softer on turn in. also there is a big difference in steering response as the car feels lighter around corners.

i have yet have to try out this setup at the track very soon to see if there will be any performance gains....

here's a summary on the changeover:
Pros
better acceleration and braking response
car feels lighter when going around corners
easier to clean brake dust from wheels and brake calipers
got to tire shop to fill tires with nitrogen, so hopefully better fuel economy and better resistance to heat...

cons
looks like i'm driving a monster truck, need to drop....
wheels look like 16's, 18's definitely looks better

Attachments

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Yeah. I do see the monster truck. LOL But that's a good setup for the track. I like it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow, I didn't know they made skateboard rims that cool!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
The slammed photoshop looks really good. The untouched version is kinda high though. I kinda got used to that look with my winter tires which were mountedon 17" rims.

I agree with Crossbow...I think that the 45 series will look just that much better.

R

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I think this is pretty sweet. I've been waiting for someone to go this route.
So I am guessing you have had no clearance issues around the brakes then, eh?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I wish 16's fit :(.
[/b]
So do I because I would love some FD wheels, but in a way Im glad they dont...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
Wiggum
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing