Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tried to get a switch from Karl but no response in the last three attempts in three months.
Anybody who got one care to share the switch specs so we have a chance to find one elsewhere?
Tired of not having manual mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also ordered one back in april this year. Sent the money and haven't gotten the part yet. Sent many messages on here and has yet to respond to them yet I've seen he's been online recently. Thinking I'll pull my money back from pay pall if i still can.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry about that ehuck- responded to your PM a few minutes ago. The majority of emails from this page get put into my Spam folder by Yahoo.

You'll have your money back this afternoon, and I'll have a switch in the mail this afternoon or tomorrow AM.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
WFORich, if you still need one, I still have some. PM me

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
rk052, NorseMan92, etc- I do have switches. PM me if you need one.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey Karl,

Any switches left..I got the bug..LOL..

Thanks,

Steve
Have you tried cleaning it with electronics cleaner? That's what did it for me. Might not work if the switch is actually broken, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hello

Sorry for delay in reply. I’ve basically abandoned my old email address due to Spam and thought I’d switched-over everything I needed. I haven't seen emails on board posts or IM in quite some time.

And holy crap.... Trying to figure out my way around this new forum format. Luckily I had subscribed to this thread and found it in my profile.

Yes, I do still have switches, and they are still $20 for forum members. I prefer payment on Paypal to [email protected]. I will be leaving on vacation, so any payment received after July 16 means the swtich will not be mailed out until July 28.

Thanks
Karl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there, I'm pretty sure the 6 I may be buying has the issue you have the switch/switches for. Doesn't like to go into manual mode, when it does it will upshift every time but doesnt want to downshift at all. I'm wondering if you have any switches available. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Well I just finished replacing the "manual mode" switch, that I promptly got from Karl using paypal. Now manual mode is back again! Karl provided some pic's and limited instructions in the link I last posted: ... Instructions & Pics

I looked for more guidance. The console is similar to the one in the MTX, so I used a vendor's short shifter instructions: twmperformance

In step 2, I could not get the right front clip to detach the cupholder from the front of the console at the shifter, so I left it attached and moved both parts.

To do this, I had to turn the ign on, and move the shifter to a mid location, then disconnect the battery, with keys hanging in the ign.

In step 6, I just disconnected the connector to the cig lighter. In step 7, I just removed the screws on the right hand side, as that is where the bad switch is.

I cut the wires close to the switch, to make the new crimp connections easy. I twisted each wire pair together, and fitted it into one end of the smallest red inline coupler I had, then made 2 crimps at that end. Better than 2 connections of the small 22 gage wire at each end of the coupler.

Also use a tool-pic as Karl said to pry out the old switch. Those 2 plastic tongs that hold the switch down are fragile.

Finally, those little plastic caps on the side covers are directional, like a 2 prong AC plug!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Desperately need 'no manual mode' trans switch

Hi Karl,
I need very much to buy one of your switches for my 2005 Mazda 6, six speed auto with v-6. Happy to send you $ via PayPal, just tell me if you have switches and PayPal account info.
Thanks,
Paul Bormann 4/28/16
[email protected]
909-338-3000

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Karl was one of the pioneers of improvements for the Mazda 6, with his wagon that he often tracked at high speed events. I recall he was the first one to test prototype sway bars from the Mazdaspeed parts group. His rear bar was the only one from that source to ever have extra holes for 2 options for stiffness.

His posting has become a bit rare. His last post was 12-16-2015. Some have had issues with him not following through with orders after paying for them .... I just think it's a small matter that gets lost in his busy life ... I hope. I have a pending order.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Karl has more of them. Send him a message. But he can be very slow to respond, even after you've paid for it ;(

No, I'm not generally 'very slow'. Yes, I owe you a switch. I know I shipped one- the USPS on my bank statement at Thanksgiving. The only thing I can think of is someone who had previously bought one ended-up getting a second one for free. They had asked about a second one, but then I never heard from them again, so my guess is I sent your switch to them.

Anyway, your switch and your money is headed your way.

Trust me, if I could get Yahoo to quit Spamming messages from the board, I'd be on it. All it does is cost me money when people PM and then give-up because I don't reply and sell them a switch.

And, yes, I still have switches. still $20 shipped to board members.

Karl

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Thanks Karl, no refund is necessary, I understand what happened now. Sorry about the slow reference .... can't think of why I said that now. I apologize.

Kevin

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 2004 6S Sportwagon has been doing this for several years now. I found p/n GN3D-46-100A at LEVER SELECT | Genuine Mazda | GN3D-46-100A for $91! It's the entire shifter assembly that should contain new switches. Mine takes several minutes to go into manual mode and then I still can't up/down shift. I'm thinking that all 3 of my switches are bad as they would work intermittently and now not at all. There's also an assembly view of the part at 2004 Mazda Mazda6. #GN3D46100A: LEVER, SELECT . I have not seen where anyone has tried replacing the entire assembly.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
My 2004 6S Sportwagon has been doing this for several years now. ..... Mine takes several minutes to go into manual mode and then I still can't up/down shift. I'm thinking that all 3 of my switches are bad as they would work intermittently and now not at all. ....
That's what my 04 6S did, and Karl's single "micro switch" fixed it completely for $20. See link in my write-up.

I recall this switch was wired into a harness, and you have to clip the feed wires and splice it in with the lead wires coming off the switch. So your more likely to find it on that harness part number, vs the console part, imho. Let us know how it works out.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts