Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound a little crazy. I recently bought the 2016 Mazda6 Touring. Have about 3200 miles on it. Love everything about the car except the slightly stiff ride with the 19" wheels. I am in the Cleveland, OH area.

I was just wondering/hoping that there might be someone nearby who bought a 2016 Sport and possibly wanting to upgrade to the 19" wheels. I would be willing to switch/trade the 19" wheels (rims+tires) with the 17" wheels (rims+tires). It will save some money for both of us :smile2:

Anyone interested please reply and let me know. Attached is a picture of my car. The wheels are spotless.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
That seems to be a common thought on here. I've been pleasantly surprised by the 19s however. All the stiffness/loudness that I read about pre-purchase seems a bit overblown to me (admittedly without comparison to the 17s). The 19s look fantastic without being ghetto. Now, I'm not looking forward to the $ when replacement time comes around. Unless someone could convince me that the 17s significantly improve the ride, it's a non-issue to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This may sound a little crazy. I recently bought the 2016 Mazda6 Touring. Have about 3200 miles on it. Love everything about the car except the slightly stiff ride with the 19" wheels. I am in the Cleveland, OH area.

I was just wondering/hoping that there might be someone nearby who bought a 2016 Sport and possibly wanting to upgrade to the 19" wheels. I would be willing to switch/trade the 19" wheels (rims+tires) with the 17" wheels (rims+tires). It will save some money for both of us :smile2:

Anyone interested please reply and let me know. Attached is a picture of my car. The wheels are spotless.
I did the same thing. Straight from the dealer, I went to get my wheels changed to 17". I can be a lot more careless now. Also, the factory rims were 30 lbs. My aftermarket ones are only 20 lbs.

·
Registered
20 Posts

ahhh, if only I lived closer to you.
I'm located on Long Island, NY
Looking to size up from my 17's, theyre mint too, hahaha.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eljeferson - If you are serious about this please let me know. I may be making a trip to the NJ area sometime in August. If you are still looking at that time we can see if we can meet up somewhere.

Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Sport AT, but did drive the Touring for one day. On OEM tires I found the 19 inch cornered better. Noise and comfort differences were not noted. However, I later upgraded the tires on the Sport AT to Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires, and the handling may be superior to the Touring with the 19 inch OEM tires.

My point is that while I am not a highway driver, so I can't assess differences there, for the M6, tire selection may be a more important factor in regards to handling, ride compliance, comfort and noise than tire size.

Tirerack is an excellent source for tire reviews, and may offer helpful suggestions with regards to tire selection and for example, which tires offer the balance of handling and comfort that you desire.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a sport MTX, and the stock Yokohama's sucked ass in the snow so I swapped on Conti DWS's and the car improved. I drove a touring and you can feel the sidewall differences for sure. The touring was a little harder ride, but handled a bit better due to less sidewall flex. I am thinking to go with some 18's, either a 225/50/18 or 245/45/18 tire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I switched from the 19's to the 17's several months ago. Ride is a little better, but steering a bit less precise. They are different tires, so not a fair comparison. The 19's were Dunlop, the 17's are Yokohama.

I've been lazy about getting rid of the original 19 inch wheels/tires. Still sitting in my garage, if anyone in the Philly area is interested in the set. Two Dunlops are new. The wheels and other 2 tires have about 20,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello everyone, I am fairly new to this forum but i am interested in trying those 19in rims. My mazda 6 came with standard 17in rims. If anyone interested, you can message me or tag me in a post.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I still like my 19s and don't think I'll ever want to downsize. A tire upgrade over the Dunlops seems to fix the issues people complain about. There are more options becoming available for good tires this size that aren't as expensive as the Michelin Pilot Sports which seem to be top of the line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have 16 inch setup on my winter setup..and I dont feel that the ride is much more smooth or anything...ITs still stiff and noisy. But ofc..slightly less stiff and noise...but WAY more "floaty".....the 19 are the best on the mazda imo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have 16 inch setup on my winter setup..and I dont feel that the ride is much more smooth or anything...ITs still stiff and noisy. But ofc..slightly less stiff and noise...but WAY more "floaty".....the 19 are the best on the mazda imo.
This debate is the same as which oil on every forum.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Harsh ride and noisy?? Dang, this thing drives like it's on a cloud compared to my Speed3 and is 100X better with road noise!!! The Dunlops do suck though, I miss my Conti DWS, but will ride the Dunlops out!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I PMed you. I just got my '16 GS not more than a week ago. I got 750kms only. Lol. I want that 19s. GIVE IT TO ME!!!! >:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looking to trade my Stock 15' Sport 17's for 19's.

My tires have about 16K miles on it. My wheels and tires are in great condition. Properly maintained at my local Mazda dealership.

I'm located in South Florida.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got it already. :grin2:

I mission and a half but worth the trouble with Nate's intake as well that I picked up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just wanted to "Thank" all for their replies and the participation of all in the forum. I feel this is a great forum and it is the people in it that make it great.

I was able to switch my wheels with another forum member. I know this may sound crazy but I really like the 17" wheels. The 19" rode great but were slightly stiff for our taste (especially with my wife being pregnant :)

The ride on the 17" is just a little bit softer and the car still maintains it sportiness (at least the "amount of sportiness" that I am looking for :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts