Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following cars was tested:
BMW 320. Volvo S60, The new Saab 9-3, Ford Mondeo V6, Audi A4, Mazda6 (2.3sport) and an Alfa.

Quite surprising result, they ranked the cars as follow:
1. BMW 320
2. Audi A4
3. Volvo S60
4. Ford Mondeo
5. Saab 9-3
6. Mazda 6
7. Alfa

They have divided the test in two separat moments EQ and IQ.
Mazda6 won clearly the IQ round but EQ didn't do Mazda6 any good.

EQ is a little questionable round by the way, they gave BMW a 5 for BMW's reputation (not quality) and Mazda got 1! If it had been the other way round Mazda6 had won!
And guess what, Mazda lost one point due to road noice, can't they fix this soon so I can get a silent car in February 2003 :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Swedish test in Auto Motor & Sport'

I never compare a Mondeo, Mazda6, Vectra, Primera, Laguna with a 3-serie, C-klasse, IS200/300, A4, S60.....they aren't in the same class!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Matt

I never compare a Mondeo, Mazda6, Vectra, Primera, Laguna with a 3-serie, C-klasse, IS200/300, A4, S60.....they aren't in the same class![/b]
I would not agree with you - at all. They are definitely in the same class.:D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Originally posted by Matt

I never compare a Mondeo, Mazda6, Vectra, Primera, Laguna with a 3-serie, C-klasse, IS200/300, A4, S60.....they aren't in the same class![/b]
You're seriously wrong, they are absolutely in same class.

I can't stand the BMW anyway because the ridiciously styled mondeo front bumper and the most boring interior ever made.

Before that front bumper the exterior style was very good and I even considered a buy despite the interior but now... :zzz

Isn't Lexus IS200 based on Toyota Avensis?

Mercedes is for old people I don't like em, especially those one-springed chairs are horrible.

Audi A4, yes I like that car.

S60 is a good car in same price bracket as 2.3 sport but I can't stand the exterior design (backseat only for children).

Saab 9-3, I drove it before I made my mind up, the quality isn't up to top yet but it could be a good buy if you don't need to sit in the back (it's so small).

I think the Mazda6 is better than all of those cars in most parts except road noice.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I agree. Mazda6 is not only comparable, but it's so good that it actually stands out well in front of all of the above vehicles.

I have liked many vehicles over the years, but none has ever felt some completely and utterly perfect as the Mazda6.

I don't think Mazda really understands what they've done. Sales will multiply when the word gets around...

If you order one today in Sweden you will have to wait until jan-march depending on model of your preference...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I have to agree - I don't consider them to be in the same class, either. The A4, the 3-Series, they are all smaller than the '6, and therefore not in the same class.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

We've been down this road be4. We just have to agree that we disagree... But all car magazines I've read so far agree with me and Junkan here.

But that doesn't necessarily make us right.

Just less likely to be wrong.:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

We've been down this road be4.[/b]
Yeah, I had the inexplicable deja vu as well. But I still had to throw my $.02 in. (If for no other reason than in true post-whorish fashion :D)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That's right. They are in the middle class...

Pricing has nothing to do with what class are car are in. Equipment level and build puts the 6 up there with the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Hmm...to be honest, i wouldn't change a mazda6 with a bmw 3-series...even if they pay me 1000 Euro! :D :D

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Sam

Hmm...to be honest, i wouldn't change a mazda6 with a bmw 3-series...even if they pay me 1000 Euro! :D :D[/b]
I would.

V

·
0 Posts

I have tested the BMW 3-serie and - excuse me - compared with Mazda this car is definitly a piece of shit!!!:p

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I wouldn't perhaps call the BMW 3-series for crap, but it doesn't stand a chance when it's up to Mazda6...:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts