Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

I have been looking on Ebay for the gauge overlays. I have also found some anit-sway bars for like 50 bucks. Are these bars crap or are they good.

I was think of getting one.

Let me know.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I would watch out for the no-name ones. One that I saw on there was made of aluminum, which I can't see how it would function well as a sway bar.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would watch out for the no-name ones. One that I saw on there was made of aluminum, which I can't see how it would function well as a sway bar.
[/b]
that's what i thought. what would be a good name to look for. Also, do the sway bars work on our cars? So people say yes and some people say no.

·
Registered
814 Posts
that's what i thought. what would be a good name to look for. Also, do the sway bars work on our cars? So people say yes and some people say no.
[/b]
i have the mazdaspeed sway kit on my 6 with stock springs and its a great feel. some may argue that the larger front sway bar is un-needed...but I find having both to be an improvement in the fun factor. :) most people tend to agree....most.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
[/b]

We talking about sway bars or strut tower bars? I've never heard anyone say sway bars don't work, but strut tower bars, that's a whole other story.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, since you brought it up, there are some strut tower bars on ebay also. How do you guys/gals feel about them.

If they are also crap, what is a good name to look for and do they work.

·
Registered
159 Posts
well, since you brought it up, there are some strut tower bars on ebay also. How do you guys/gals feel about them.

If they are also crap, what is a good name to look for and do they work.
[/b]
I'm sorry, but if you aren't going to post in the newbie section, you really need to search. The strut bar issue has been discussed MANY times by a number of authorities

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Sway bars work...

Link for the lazy... [/b]

two quick points:

1 - you do NOT want bars made out of aluminum.

2- run, don't walk, away from no-name ones.

Companies like Addco spend tons of R&D money to make bars that actually work and won't break, hence the higher prices of those products.

It was said earlier, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sorry, but if you aren't going to post in the newbie section, you really need to search. The strut bar issue has been discussed MANY times by a number of authorities
[/b]
Normally I search for everything. The only reason I brought it up was because MZBuckeye brought up the strut tower bars.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'll be the guinea pig angel... if your buyin. I got good insurance.LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts