Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? Right now I'm thinking of going with either Tenzo's or Recaro's. And for the seat belt harness (that metal bar behind the seats to hold the harnesses), anyone know a place where I can purchase and install that?

edit: Also how would they look in a Silver sp6?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Corbeau makes mounting brackets for the standard 6, which should work for our cars as well, heres the list http://www.corbeau.com/bracket_guide/bracket.shtml. I'm also not sure if the brackets will only work with their seats or not, but I'm not complaining too much if they are, Corbeau seats are pretty slick.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, those are pretty slick. Do they also have that harness bar I mentioned? Because I'm mainly going for looks with this.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Euro version. Man, I couldn't imagine shifting with my left hand.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Maybe you can take some of the Speed3 seats, they look a lot better from the pictures I've seen. Not sure if they would fit though...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Euro version. Man, I couldn't imagine shifting with my left hand.
[/b]
As those are AutoExe seats, it could easily be the JDM version.

Shifting left-handed isn't such a big deal. You get used to it... although i do think that the whole driving on the left thing is the most stupid idea anyone ever came up with... and I DO understand the history of how it happened. Japan has no excuse for using it other than copying the UK.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wiggum,
What style Recaros are in your picks and do they make them in leather?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Those are factory RX-8 seats in the pics Wiggum posted.
[/b]
I think the poster was refering to the [ IMG ] linked pics, not the ones given as "Picture 1" etc.

Those Recaro seats are made for AutoExe by Recaro (as written on the seats) and do not come in leather.

The other set posted in the links are RX-8 stock front seats as bfischer mentioned and as Wiggum ORIGINALLY posted together WITH the links.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Is the general consensus of dislike with the OEM seats?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I love the comfort of the OEM leather seats, just wish they held me in a little better...
[/b]
I agree. They hold me just fine though. I feel just bad for passengers.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'll take the corbeau GTSII in black leather please. 539 a pop is a little much, but i would NEVER replace just one of the front seats

1 - 20 of 47 Posts