Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a project.

I would like to swap mecanic 4wd of a speed6 in to a mazda6 wagon.
Do you think it possible?

thx

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
yeah, anything is possible for money, but you are better off getting something designed that way from the get go. though based on the same platform, it's not exactly the same, so it would take a lot of custom fab.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Fix you right up.
Hear you go.

Purchase Speed6
Purchase rear half of wagon.
Gently massage wagon parts into the sedan. Re-wire, re-paint and done.
Probably could be done in like a month if you're good.

But why? Volvo V70R would be a much easier option.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
its can be done, but i think if you are asking the question then you really dont have access to the right stuff or people to help you get it done

·
Registered
400 Posts
I read of a Mazda 5 that got transplanted with a mazdaspeed 3 motor. I know its a different animal. I wouldn't suggest trying it. What are you hopes of this project? Is it to have a one of a kind car. If so its not worth it atleast its not in my mind.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I can't understand why anybody would want to do this. Luckily, these threads are seldom seen here.
The expense would be huge. Salvage a wrecked MS6. That's your best bet, I'd guess, then set aside a fair amount of time.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I can't understand why anybody would want to do this. Luckily, these threads are seldom seen here.
The expense would be huge. Salvage a wrecked MS6. That's your best bet, I'd guess, then set aside a fair amount of time.

they show up because front wheel drive sucks:eek:

I'm pretty sure if you asked most speed6 owners if they would still have bought the speed6 if it was front wheel drive the answer would be no

personaly i think a speed6 wagon would be cool, there arent alot of performance wagons out there with awd other than audi's

i think alot of prople get hooked on one car or another and they are much willing to drop money to make it what they really want as oposed to saveing up for the car they wish theirs was, a great example of the is people building up speed6's..........................

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I think alot of prople get hooked on one car or another and they are much willing to drop money to make it what they really want as oposed to saveing up for the car they wish theirs was, a great example of that is people building up speed6's..........................
:tear: so true. FMcar lol

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
for what it's worth, i don't think i ever heard that the school got the speed swap working in the 5. it was installed and started wiring or something, but never got it running correctly i thought? i forget where the link was for it.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I think it'd be an awesome project. I LOVE 6 wagons. But, I guess I'm overly critical. I think you're better off setting your money on fire.
But, if you've got the time and money, I can't help but encourage you to try it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Not worth it in my opinion. For the money you will spend on it you can add the value of your car already and buy a nice speed6. And have the power to put that awd to use. Just sayin.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In rest of the wold wagon has option for AWD and come with 2.0 disel or 2.0 gas motor A/T or 5 speed... So if floor tunel same- then you can manage to do this.
May be Jaguar Type S drivetrain will fit( I think AWD Mazda using same setup)

·
Registered
400 Posts
for what it's worth, i don't think i ever heard that the school got the speed swap working in the 5. it was installed and started wiring or something, but never got it running correctly i thought? i forget where the link was for it.
I was getting my oil chagned and happened to see the article. Not sure where it went.

As far as the swap. I would assume if you know welding and have the money it can be done. I am sure the underneath is pretty much the same. Isn't the wagon longer though?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Doesn't look like the OP has posted again in this thread... looks like he's busy getting started on this project. :lol:

Reactions: Qwik6

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The article was in a Car and Driver issue. I remember the article, dont remember what came of it either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for your help. I'll buy a vga speed6. To which time I have all my time. Then for the buget no problem.
His few months am I to project head I think I'll start soon.
So if someone is on other things was project I am open to any
thank you

1 - 20 of 31 Posts