Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know/have said the chassis of the Mazda 6 is really good and holds up even in spirited and track driving. I was just wondering which areas can be upgraded and improved over stock. So far I only have front strut tower bar (kind of a suspension upgrade) and rear sway bar upgraded. The stock endlinks are holding up fine, but if they make a significant difference I am definitely up to changing them out to the Moog ones. Anyways, what other areas in the suspension need work/can be modified to become stiffer?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
16 Posts
It’s hard to have a conversation about handling and not talk about shocks and struts. Are you lowered already?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s hard to have a conversation about handling and not talk about shocks and struts. Are you lowered already?

I am not yet, I've been wondering which coils I should get. I want something that won't decrease ride quality just the ride height.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I am not yet, I've been wondering which coils I should get. I want something that won't decrease ride quality just the ride height.

For what you're asking for the best bang for the buck would be the Tanabe lowering springs.

Will lower 1.5"
Ride is better
Handling is better
Car looks better lowered (IMO)

It's what is on our 6 and many others here on this site.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

For what you're asking for the best bang for the buck would be the Tanabe lowering springs.

Will lower 1.5"
Ride is better
Handling is better
Car looks better lowered (IMO)

It's what is on our 6 and many others here on this site.

Are they running it on the stock struts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had my '14 MZ6 since January and finely starting to mod it. But, I've looked around for suspension upgrades and there are a few to pick from. Of course everyone goes to Corksport, but has anyone used the sway bars from James Barone Racing? They have a 32mm rear and 25.4mm front with the option of a billet brackets. Also Ultra Racing for a couple body braces and strut bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts