Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
151 Posts
Surely, if you have enough money, time, and skill thrown at a car, pretty much anything is possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2.3 turbo from the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6s would fit, though. There are several MX5 kits out there and one might be able to fit with some modification. That said, this model that we have is perhaps the most ignored of the three generations. There's barely any information available about anything, so you may be in uncharted waters and may have to be the one to undertake such a mission and document it for others to follow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surely, if you have enough money, time, and skill thrown at a car, pretty much anything is possible. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2.3 turbo from the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6s would fit, though. There are several MX5 kits out there and one might be able to fit with some modification. That said, this model that we have is perhaps the most ignored of the three generations. There's barely any information available about anything, so you may be in uncharted waters and may have to be the one to undertake such a mission and document it for others to follow.
Well ain't that some shit, it's annoying how there's literally nothing in terms of aftermarket support, whether it's headlights, performance kits/parts etc. I wish I got a Mazda 3 instead

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
151 Posts
I've owned everything from a 1987 Hyundai Excel, through a 1995 Daewoo Cielo, a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant, all the way up to a 2015 Infiniti QX70 and I will tell you that this is the least support I've had for any of my vehicles. Strange enough, the Daewoo had the best/most...I'm still close friends with guys I met on those forums, even though none of us have owned those cars in well over 10 years, The Mazda, ironically, is the most satisfying to drive (the Mitsubishi the next best). Yet, I can't seem to understand why, if everybody who owns these cars ultimately love them, why can't we give back more to the community? I've been quiet in here for quite a bit, but I've always tried to participate with something. I'm going to be doing a few small and some large tutorials as time goes by, the next one might come up as soon as tomorrow (August 21). Let's all commit to posting a picture, some shared information, or a video as we find/create them.

Sorry to hijack your post, brother, but some things need to be said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts