Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1396 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a company was to make a charger system that ran on 5psi for a real good price would you buy one?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I would buy one if, A the price is competitive with other systems, and B it's TUNED properly for 91+ octane fuel.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd rather go supercharger than turbo...nice low boost and a good price i'd be interested...i'm assuming a centrifuge (sp)

I would buy one if, A the price is competitive with other systems, and B it's TUNED properly for 91+ octane fuel.[/b]

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would love one I started the topic earlier and would love a top mount like the TRD superchargers!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just find a Corvette L-88 hood and you'd be good to go on the clearance! :D

And before anyone else says it - tuning.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have heard throught the grapevine that a compnay is looking into it and top mount would be the style belt driven.
I need who ever is interested to show their support and post

·
Registered
704 Posts
There is a supercharger out there already for the Contour V6. It sits on top of the tranny so the hood clearance wouldn't be a problem. What the problem is, is the fact that no one has tuned the ECU to allow for the added air. Until that happens, we will just have to wait.

·
Registered
666 Posts
And before anyone else says it - tuning.[/b]
somebody did already said it :nana:

on that subject, I'm watching chitown's turbo progress very closely. If he can get unichip to do timing and fuel, we're in business.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Supercharger over turbo FTW! Problem is, it'll cost an arm and a leg in comparison to turbo.

·
Registered
574 Posts
*sigh* yes... I'm interested.. *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
695 Posts
So would this be ( I am going to use Mustangs for comparison) a roots style blower (Kenne Bell) or a centrifugal (powerdyne or Vortech)?

I know the roots style blowers produce a sick amount of tq. on a 5.0L Mustang so if that could be an option the 6 (although it wont be nearly a great of a gain) can use all the help it can get.

But like was said before tuning is the key to unlock everything

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
instead of a real supercharger, just throw in one of those vortex things they sell in magazines for 50 bucks! no need for a tune. yields amazing gains. :sarc:

if i had a choice between SC & turbo for same price i would do turbo only because the numbers usually end up being higher.

If the SC is AT LEAST a grand or more less than a turbo than i would definately consider.

Once again, interest but where is this production even coming from?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
hard thing is the the questions is too opened ended?

who wouldn't be interested in a SC setup for a "great price" ? as someone said....3200 would be an AWESOME price, but i can't see any tuning with that price? need to fill in some holes, or this thread is gonna turn to a bunch of speculation and then thread crapping.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well its for the manufacturer to see how many people would actually consider the idea and then buy it as well. No production has begun and will not begin till there is ample amount of interest.

1 - 20 of 1396 Posts