Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anybody ask this yet, so I will. Do they make a roots style supercharger for the V6? If not why. The car has been out long enough for one like a Kenne bell or Jackson racing. And if this has been asked. Sorry. didn't see it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
No they dont. The aftermarket for this car is small so few companies are willing to make products for such a small group of people.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The problem is not lack of interest. The problem is lack of tuning. No-one has been able to crack the ecu. I have already received confirmation from STS that they will make the turbo for the v6 as soon as they have a decent tuning option (I am the test car)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The problem is not lack of interest. The problem is lack of tuning. No-one has been able to crack the ecu. I have already received confirmation from STS that they will make the turbo for the v6 as soon as they have a decent tuning option (I am the test car)
[/b]
Have they got a rough price estimate yet? What kind of horsies will it add?

·
Registered
255 Posts
so we are talking about the Turbo for V6 right ? how about the SC kits ? and is it possible for I4 members (like myself...:p) to have it sometime in the future~?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks. As much as I like turbo's. I have cars with them already.('88 RX7 Tll, chrysler conquest) I want the reliability of a sc. I don't want to worry if i'm going to boost spike. I just want to get in and drive. If i need to play. Its only a push of a pedal away. Or turbo lag.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
2 companies have talked about it so far. CP-E had hinted at it for this coming year sometime possibly. and F2 mocked one up for a ford500 that was supposed to go to SEMA but fell through. again, general space and tuning are the big concerns at this point still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing