Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Fujita intake installed with Blitz sus power filter. And this is the freaking loudest intake I have ever heard in my life. I can hear the turbo even I am at 50% throttle with window closed!! Once passed 3k rpm, the intake sounds like a huge vacuum in the fender. Because the filter itself is all metal, it gives this high pitch metal resonate sound, kinda hard to explain. And the stock BOV sounds louder than my WRX's 100% atmosphere vent bov. at 100% thottle... the thing just screams. It sounds like it can suck a cat inside the engine. Too bad the filter has poor filtration due to large opening in metal net, so I will have to put on a K&N per filter which will make the filter quiet down..

http://www.blitz-performance.com/Blitz_Intake_Sus.htm

·
Registered
867 Posts
hmm sounds interested. i'm sure people will be asking you to make a sound clip. Curious to actually hear it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea, I will see if I can record the sound.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Click here to see Video

ok here is a quick record from my digi cam. I know the quality sucks, but I am the only one in the car, so I have to hold the cam and drive at same time. It is not WOT, may between 50% - 75% throttle. The only mod on the car is CAI.

How long is this stuipd optimization gonna take....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
working now!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
working now!!
[/b]
Sounds about right (I have the mazdaspeed cai) - I freaked out the first time I heard mine.... Adds so much fun to driving (fun for scaring people in parking lot too when they are walking in the middle of the aisle on their cell phone not paying attention).

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
that is seriously loud for doing partial throttle runs only up to 3800-3900 rpm. i like the sound, its like having a constant bov, lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its actually even louder than the movie. The camera didn't even record the high pitch metal sound.

In my WRX I never removed the airbox, and I can barely hear the atmosphere BOV even at WOT... This car scares people with a single CAI lol

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Click here to see Video

ok here is a quick record from my digi cam. I know the quality sucks, but I am the only one in the car, so I have to hold the cam and drive at same time. It is not WOT, may between 50% - 75% throttle. The only mod on the car is CAI.

How long is this stuipd optimization gonna take....
[/b]
That's just what mine sounds like. It's louder than I expected, and louder than I wanted, but I've learned to live with it. Under moderate driving it's not too noticeable, especially with the windows closed. However, add the noise of my 3" custom exhaust and my Speed6 sounds nothing like remotely like a stock vehicle.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, I think I am just onna go with removing the 2nd cat. Its very cheap to do, and will increase performance for sure. Anything more than that probably will make car way to loud. Plus I really want keep the car looks stock and sounds stock. I am too old to drive a rice burner lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
It won't work for me, i spent ten minutes trying to get it to play and even downloaded the new divx, no luck. I bet it sounds amazing though. Which Blitz filter did you buy? I dont see any for a mazda 6.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It won't work for me, i spent ten minutes trying to get it to play and even downloaded the new divx, no luck. I bet it sounds amazing though. Which Blitz filter did you buy? I dont see any for a mazda 6.
[/b]
Its blitz Sus power filter. The whole filter is made from 304 stainless steel. Probably one of the most expensive filter you can get. The universal filter itself is 88$, then you will need a 3inch adaptor for another 20$, and an extra reducer so you can mount in on any intakepipe.

Some car magzine test the all the filters couple years ago, the blitz filter is the best flow filter in the market, but the filtration rate is kinda bad. However, still better than the HKS or weapon R filters. The best thing about the blitz filter is.... it will last forever, probably last longer than the car itself. K&N style filter has OK flow and OK filteration, the best filter is Apexi's filter. It has same flow rate as Blitz, and the best filtration rate compare to all other filters, and it is a dry type. However, blitz filter will out last the apexi filter for sure. Moreover, Apexi filter is not universal.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Are the windows open?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are the windows open?
[/b]
Nope. You can tell there is no back ground wind noise.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Could have fooled me. Wow that is loud. I bet my wife would notice. I want to get one but she'll kill me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could have fooled me. Wow that is loud. I bet my wife would notice. I want to get one but she'll kill me.
[/b]
Ya, my wife said the sound is too "ricey" and "intentional", I told her thats every riceboy's dream... lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have the AEM, I wouldn't mind it being a bit louder...It's nice and all, but I wouldn't mind if it was a bit sharper sounding, I wouldn't mind a bit of loss in the loudness for a sharp tone or whistle. O well love the cai do death so it's all good =)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I start to feel the loudness probably has something to do with the way I mount it. I attached a ghetto drawing to show how I install the filter.

Blitz filter has very intersting design. Not many filter has opening on the top of the filter. The bottom of the filter, instead of direct connect to the 3 inch pipe, there is a very smooth reducer build inside the filter to ensure smooth airflow. Most of the air filter has flat bottom then a almost 90 degree angle to connect to the pipe.

I overlap the 2.75inch Fujima intake pipe inside the filter pipe because the filter sit too low. I wonder if the sharp metal edge of the intake pipe somehow amplified and creat this high pitch sucking sound..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts