Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just bought the super charger made by NPG so when it gets to my house ill repost and let eveyone with the the 3.0 know if its the real deal

·
Registered
5,758 Posts

whats the lol for?

anyway OP, you just purchased an excellent kit. the lead time is approximately 3-5 weeks for the mazda 6.

you have an MTX or ATX?

what other mods do you have on your car currently?

also, what options did you get with the kit? pulley size? injector size? front heat exchanger addition?

also, are you doing the install yourself, or is a shop doing it? will you be tuning yourself? or will you be having a shop do that?

this kit will be using my tuner yes.

keep me in the loop on this. i talk to the designer of this setup on a daily basis, and any questions or concerns, feel free to post up. im pretty sure i can answer them

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey im wondering what extras you bought also and total.. and does tuning come with? if not tgny ill probably wanna pick it up now before i make the big buy.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
off topic sorry but
@ TGNY: tuning for 2.3 pretty soon? :drool:

doing the coding for the 'MANY" crank triggers you guys have, lol. but i am working on it. no date yet

hey im wondering what extras you bought also and total.. and does tuning come with? if not tgny ill probably wanna pick it up now before i make the big buy.

we havent decided if it would be included with the kit yet or brought separately. but the tuner is available, just hit me up when u wanna buy

·
Registered
49 Posts
whats the lol for?
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the SC still in the making? I jus thought it was kinda funny that the first post he makes says he's bought it n is gunna let us know if it's legit. I might be sticking my foot in my mouth in the future but usually these people are one post wonders.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the SC still in the making? I jus thought it was kinda funny that the first post he makes says he's bought it n is gunna let us know if it's legit. I might be sticking my foot in my mouth in the future but usually these people are one post wonders.

you arent putting you foot in your mouth at all. but ur part right. the kit was recently installed on the fusion and is currently running around SC'd.

orders can now be placed for the SC for the 6 and the Fusion. the setup is virtually identical between the two. but has maybe one thing different.

right now the 6 kits are being made to order. so yea he brought the kit, and should be to him in about 3-5 weeks. where as the lead time for the Fusion is quite a bit less.

the kit is definitely legit. im good friends with the designer of this kit and talk to him daily about it for development reasons and etc. anyone buying this kit is getting a top notch kit. with many options. with a lot of R and D behind it.

any interested parties, feel free to pre-order these. they are availible and being made to order for the 6.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i have a 2006 3.0 vvt the kit is real i got 30lbs injectors with it intercooled kit cold air intake oil cooling kit i did not buy the upgraded pullys becouse i have not done the internals yet. befor i put th SC on i have to upgrade pistons rods. i have been having a hard time finding cams crank and vaulve upgrades if anyone knows were to look it would be a big help to me. im going to do most the work myself, i have to take the motor to get bored for the pistons and heads port and polished, and i will have to send the car to a shop to be tuned when its all built. also any ideas were i could find a new ecu lol i know everything im doing has a high price but it will be worth it in the long run at least to me. and so far with shiping i paid 5600 dollers for just the kit and add ons i will most likely be spendying another 8 or 9 for engen upgrades but at least i already have a stage 3 cluch and flyweel instaled lol thanks everyone

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one post wonders???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is what i do know the kit is on its way and i am upgrading my internals im only waiting on finding a crank heads with cams and a pigy back system for my ECU ive been raceing with my club for 2 years im just happy to be able to be forsed inducted now 2 tours in iraq made my dreams come true lol great ny if you know were i can get the parts i need please let me now thank you veary much for your help

·
Registered
381 Posts
Holy Cow.... You've gotta make your way over to the Hawaii sub-forums... You'll fit right in with the JDM Veilside 6, JDM Kenstyle 6, JDM Autoexe 6, and other 6's that have been built over here. A high horsepower 6 like yours will fit in with all the unique 6's on the island

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
ok i have a 2006 3.0 vvt the kit is real i got 30lbs injectors with it intercooled kit cold air intake oil cooling kit i did not buy the upgraded pullys becouse i have not done the internals yet. befor i put th SC on i have to upgrade pistons rods. i have been having a hard time finding cams crank and vaulve upgrades if anyone knows were to look it would be a big help to me. im going to do most the work myself, i have to take the motor to get bored for the pistons and heads port and polished, and i will have to send the car to a shop to be tuned when its all built. also any ideas were i could find a new ecu lol i know everything im doing has a high price but it will be worth it in the long run at least to me. and so far with shiping i paid 5600 dollers for just the kit and add ons i will most likely be spendying another 8 or 9 for engen upgrades but at least i already have a stage 3 cluch and flyweel instaled lol thanks everyone
this is what i do know the kit is on its way and i am upgrading my internals im only waiting on finding a crank heads with cams and a pigy back system for my ECU ive been raceing with my club for 2 years im just happy to be able to be forsed inducted now 2 tours in iraq made my dreams come true lol great ny if you know were i can get the parts i need please let me now thank you veary much for your help

ok,

you dont need to look for a crank because the stock crank in the V6 is already forged. and can withstand way more than you will be giving. so no worries there.

cams, there are currently no cams for the V6 thus far. we sent a head off to Crower a while ago, but i dont think they are doing anything with it. its been just about 2 years on that matter so it makes me think they said screw the 6.

valves, there are no aftermarket valves for the V6 yet. but conversing with another member on hear, we believe there is a possiblity to use mustang valves with a PnP job on the head and oversized ports. not 100% yet on that.

Pistons and rods can be found via Nautilus or Quick Performance and Concepts. K1 rods and Diamond Pistons. or you can go Pauter rods and wiesco. those four manufacturers are my personal favovite and well known

ECU, you dont need an ECu, just my tuner. and im working on flash tuning for the V6. but currently i have Piggyback tuning fully available. just hit me up when ur ready to buy.

i would also recommend doing all engine bearings with clevite77 bearings and all fasteners with ARP stuff.

how much boost are u ultimately going to run on your built motor from the SC? do u plan on nitrous or anything?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my gole is 12p but i will start off with 7 to get use to it,and as of no2 no plans for it as of now but mabey someday right know im just happy about the sc thank you ill hit you up when im ready for the tune

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just bought thr k 1 rods next pay check pistons. i made a mistake and did not buy pullys i emaild npg and asked how to buy them and the hood i just wish they had an upgrade slide down for thee pullys and the hood for dumb people like me lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts