Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent the following e-mail to ripp mods in MD....

Hello,

I used to be a member of club 3g and remember all the work you put into the SDS for the 3.0 gt. I remember there were allot of problems with fitment in the 3g. I still have my 3g but also purchased a 2003 Mazda 6 3.0 engine and some of the same issues exist. (i.e. only space on right side of engine, tuning issues ect..) Have you done any work on Mazda 6s or do you think a custom SDS may be possible? I’m sure there are others interested in a SDS for our Mazda on mazda6club.com. Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas.

Thanks,

Tim Chappell

(Misnca

They Replied

We did take a look at a Mazda 3.0 but I remember it being real tight in there, if you have any members willing to come down to our R&D shop it would be appreciated so we can look it over.

For the record the SDS fitment has always been spot on, it the electronics that gave our SDS package issues…

But in terms of electronics we now have an in house DYNO and electronics’ engineer who R&D’s our new kits

Anybody?

I live in Fredericksburg and its like a 2 hour drive so I don't know when I will get a chance to drive up there. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
given that most are sayin the bearings/internals are good into the 5-6psi range, i think an SC would be much better than a turbo. low psi turns a bit spiky sometimes on turbos, where boost is very linear with the SC.

if i was stuck with low boost, i'd go SC for sure! tuning is the only issue i see if someone figures out fitment obviously

·
Registered
823 Posts
Gah! And I used to live in Arnold. Curse you cruel world for me now being half way across the country...
Would have been a fun Sat. day trip to have them look and whatnot...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I sent the following e-mail to ripp mods in MD....

Hello,

I used to be a member of club 3g and remember all the work you put into the SDS for the 3.0 gt. I remember there were allot of problems with fitment in the 3g. I still have my 3g but also purchased a 2003 Mazda 6 3.0 engine and some of the same issues exist. (i.e. only space on right side of engine, tuning issues ect..) Have you done any work on Mazda 6s or do you think a custom SDS may be possible? I’m sure there are others interested in a SDS for our Mazda on mazda6club.com. Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas.

Thanks,

Tim Chappell

(Misnca
They Replied
We did take a look at a Mazda 3.0 but I remember it being real tight in there, if you have any members willing to come down to our R&D shop it would be appreciated so we can look it over.

For the record the SDS fitment has always been spot on, it the electronics that gave our SDS package issues…

But in terms of electronics we now have an in house DYNO and electronics’ engineer who R&D’s our new kits
Anybody?

I live in Fredericksburg and its like a 2 hour drive so I don't know when I will get a chance to drive up there. :D
[/b]
Im located in Arlington VA and my Girlfriend is in Silver Spring. I usually go a week without using my car as I metro to and from work..... PM me some info.... where are they located?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im located in Arlington VA and my Girlfriend is in Silver Spring. I usually go a week without using my car as I metro to and from work..... PM me some info.... where are they located?
[/b]

PM Sent....

There website is www.rippmods.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is just my .02 about rippmods.
I have been a member with club3g for several years now. And during this time I have observed rippmods service go down hill!
They don't always return phone calls, e-mails, even postings on their own forum.
I would not suggest looking at them for a possible solution for a supercharger for the mazda 6.
I know of several members that spent upwards of $10k for a supercharger solution from rippmods and did not get what they bargained for. In fact one customer in particular was sold a "racing" cat that was stated from rippmods as being 48 state certified... ya that cat was actually just a straight pipe.
This customer did not know of the issue until he pulled the racing cat from the exhaust (he replaced it) and cut it open to observe its build quality....

I had to mention this because I don't want to see other people getting ripp-ed off. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Philter25
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing