1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
460 Posts
Carolina. I really want to see Peyton get one last ring but Carolina is stacked on offense and defense but Denver only has a good defense. I also think Kubiak is too conservative to let Manning run the offense.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Playing in Denver is a big advantage for the Broncos.

Keep an eye on the Panthers to see if they start suffering from oxygen starvation in the second half.

On the other hand if the Panthers get out to a big first half lead I doubt the Broncos can catch them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ummm... you DO know the Super Bowl is in Santa Clara CA and not Denver, right?
Damn, that's embarassing!

A co-worker was talking about the Mile High advantage last week and since I was braindead from working 14 hours I took that to mean that the game was there.

No wonder my son looked at me like I had two heads last night!

Well, then, I predict a Panthers blow out. Won't be much fun to watch.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My heart is with Denver, but my mind (and $$$) is with Carolina.

I'd LOVE to see Manning retire with another SB championship (even though I'm thinking he's going to retire win-or-lose), but I think Carolina as a package is just too tough. Their D is just amazing, Johnathan Stewart is a play-maker, and if Cam can back up all the dribble coming from his mouth the past two weeks, they have it.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed. Congrats to Peyton and the Broncos! A well-deserved Championship to the team (and QB) that actually earned it!

Playoff totals will follow. Gotta get caught up on my Monday work first... :)

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Laying on the beach in Mexico I completely forgot to make a pick until it was too late. Do I get credit for not picking the losing team? ;)
If I was on a beach in Mexico, I'd forget a helluva lot more than just a football pic! :)

Color me jealous! I'd love to be back down somewhere in the Caribbean right now...

It was me that dropped the ball anyway. Life was Hell last week, and I completely forgot about setting up the SB pool until pretty much the last minute...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ugh today is a sad day. BOOOO DENVER!

Defense did win that game though, Carolina was outplayed. It just felt wrong watching Cam lose after such an unbelievable season.

·
Registered
551 Posts
dang, missed it :( I probably would've picked Carolina anyway. I was ok with the outcome either way, it's either Peyton riding off into the sunset or Carolina wins its first-ever title.

Was I the only one that thought the game kind of sucked? No offensive production, just 3-and-outs and punts. Sloppy with all of the turnovers and SO MANY PENALTIES. The commercials were equally boring (save for a couple exceptions), and the halftime show was awful.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was I the only one that thought the game kind of sucked? No offensive production, just 3-and-outs and punts. Sloppy with all of the turnovers and SO MANY PENALTIES. The commercials were equally boring (save for a couple exceptions), and the halftime show was awful.
I enjoyed the game actually. Penalties did suck, but watching a good defensive game can be as good as a 77-70 scorefest IMO...

But yeah, commercials weren't as good as in years past. And I try to avoid the halftime show like the plague. Maybe if Metallica does it, but otherwise... :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I thought it was a good game. I never watch the halftime show, and this year I was 'lucky' enough to be pre-occupied during halftime by giving my sister a ride from work.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unfortunately, I can't do it this year. Our office is moving to a different part of town next month, and I'm also in the process of preparing for getting my PE.

Between that, and a few other personal items, it's been tough keeping up with 6Club issues, let alone running the football pool.

Having said that, if anyone else wishes to step up and take over for this season, then by all means! Just run a search on "NFL week _", and you'll find the templates needed to set this up.

And... Go Bills! :p

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
I can *try* to do it this year, but the way the semester has already started I barely have time to even type this out...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
8 Participants
blackandblue
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing