Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced the seal already when car had 30K Miles on it. It was covered by warranty. Now I have 51K miles and I can see the same symptoms are coming up again :(

Is there a chance Mazda will recognize the problem with the seal and replace it again at no charge? Otherwise, I'd hate to pay out of pocket to find out 20K miles later that the same thing will happen again...

Anyone else had this problem?

Mazda 6i, '03

P.S. I'm on market to buy 2nd car and pondering Mazda 6 but this kind of stuff isn't helping in favor of Mazda.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mine was replaced because it developed a tear at around 12K miles. Now at 24K, I can see it starting to lose its shape again. The seal kind of bubbles up where it meets the metal roof, when before it was very smooth.

·
Registered
863 Posts
same issue here. replaced around 12k and happened again aroun 50 k. not sure what mazda will do. cant be that expensive of a part tho. it just snaps into the glass.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crap! another issue to look forward to. I hope Mazda can fix it for good.
[/b]
Well, dealer said I'm out of luck on this -- out of warranty too. Good news is that whole replacement with labor is about $195 which isn't too bad.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well, dealer said I'm out of luck on this -- out of warranty too. Good news is that whole replacement with labor is about $195 which isn't too bad.
[/b]

i wouldnt pay labor. all it is is rubber. if you pull up on the one thats on there now you will see its just rubber that fits into a channel that is made in the glass. all you have to do is pull off the old one, take the new one and push it back into the channel

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wouldnt pay labor. all it is is rubber. if you pull up on the one thats on there now you will see its just rubber that fits into a channel that is made in the glass. all you have to do is pull off the old one, take the new one and push it back into the channel
[/b]
Hmm... Last time dealer replaced the seal they said they had to take out the glass in order to install the rubber seal.... I'd be happy to do this myself if glass can stay in the car.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
For the money, I would let the dealer screw it up! At least they would have to fix-it. If you screw it up, you're out even more cash.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm taking my 04 6s in today to get that same rubber seal repaired...mine is ripped at the corners...Skills has the same problem on his car when we looked at the meet a few weeks ago...I was told it is warranty and they will check it today. I'll kepp you all posted.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok just went in to the dealer and they are ordering me a new one under warranty...said that there have been a few with the same problem in the same place.
[/b]
How many miles is on your car? I'm confused as whether dealer extended warranty coverage on this item for you or you were under 4/50k coverage still?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
spiky3480
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing