Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am currently using a wal-mart sun shade that doesn't fit... i seen custom Mazda 6 ones from dealer but they are over $40 bucks.. what is everyone else doing or where can i get one that fits but not so expensive ?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
The Mazda shades are obtainable for less than $40. I have one I use in my car. I've had it for a couple of years and it's held up well. It fits perfectly. Why even bother with anything else? Just bite the bullet.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
i use a few different ones. sometimes its the cheap Zoom Zoom ones i have a few of. there just fold out circles. really dont fit our car well since our windshield is so big. then i have some universal ones that are too big. but any of them work. they just dont follow the curves perfect. but its not like your going to a car show with them. there only to block the sun. which a big chunk of square cardboard can do just as well. lol

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
It's true anything would work. But, I have a universal I use in my truck. It's a motherfucker to get it up in there and fold the sun visors down over it.

I can whip out the shade in my Mazda and have it up and secured in like 5 seconds.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
windshield tint

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i have a cheap walmart one, used two paper clips to hold the last two folds, and cut a line down the bottom middle so i dont have to remove my radar detector every time. can put it up in about 15 seconds. Taking it down sucks though, because i bonk my g/f or my supervisor in the head every time.

Other than that, COMPLETELY worth the money. big time.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Is your girlfriend your supervisor?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just use my dick...it's a tight squeeze, but gets the job done.

Now, obviously, I can only use my pork sword as a sun shade when I'm physically in (or near) the car so it's basically pointless. I also have a hard time getting anybody in the car with me...unless they're sedated.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
More on the front windshield tint please-

full window is in vogue now according to my tint guy, but I just couldn't do it.
He told me that it was barely detectable and would make a big difference, but I went directly to thinking it would be a ticket magnet.

What's the deal?

·
Registered
139 Posts
More on the front windshield tint please-

full window is in vogue now according to my tint guy, but I just couldn't do it.
He told me that it was barely detectable and would make a big difference, but I went directly to thinking it would be a ticket magnet.

What's the deal?
I think their reasoning behind it is the glass used in auto manufacturing is engineered to have certain load bearing points and shatter margins. As soon as you throw a big sheet of dyed polyester on the window, it fucks all of those numbers up, resulting in shattered glass glued together; increasing the risk of decapi-fucking-tation upon impact.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
It varies per state, obviously. But, I know in Texas it is illegal to have anything but a banner tint on the windshield.
I have enough problems keeping the revenue hungry troopers off my ass with the perfectly legal tint on my other 5 windows.

Reactions: Eminent.Six

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Yeah! Those sun shades are sweet. I had one in my service truck for about a year. Then, my truck was stolen and the motherfuckers were in too much of a hurry to pull them apart and snap them back, so they just ripped them out. So pissed.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
damn email system didn't tell me you all posted on this lol.

anyway. i see everyone uses different ones. guess for now i will stick with what i got till i can get some cash to get one that fits a lil better. thx tho for info and links it helped.

also window tint is a no go in NJ..... cant touch windshield at all or front windows... instant ticket and failed inspection.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think I got mine on sale for like $8.00 at Canadian Tire. It's one of the shiny silver bubble wrap looking ones and is a little too short, but otherwise great. I just tuck it under the visors and it goes in and out fast and works very well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah! Those sun shades are sweet. I had one in my service truck for about a year. Then, my truck was stolen and the motherfuckers were in too much of a hurry to pull them apart and snap them back, so they just ripped them out. So pissed.
Are you saying they ripped them off the truck and left them in your parking spot?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts