Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made the jump Sunday Apr 10th and put the stock summer tires on with their corresponding mags (my winters are garritt HT on 17" regular Mazda 6 mag wheels). (we had six inches of snow on the second week in April a few years ago over here in Montreal, so I was waiting... just to be on the safe side)

That car was a beast, now it's a monster. It takes turns so fast that I basically am the limiting factor in the car. My fear won't let me take a turn fast enough to make those tires squeak. I'm very impressed with the stock RE910s on that car, I was expecting to be disapointed but they're excellent.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Well I made the jump Sunday Apr 10th and put the stock summer tires on with their corresponding mags (my winters are garritt HT on 17" regular Mazda 6 mag wheels). (we had six inches of snow on the second week in April a few years ago over here in Montreal, so I was waiting... just to be on the safe side)

That car was a beast, now it's a monster. It takes turns so fast that I basically am the limiting factor in the car. My fear won't let me take a turn fast enough to make those tires squeak. I'm very impressed with the stock RE910s on that car, I was expecting to be disapointed but they're excellent.
[/b]
They are nice, yet they tend to hit the margin and make the vehicle jump back a bit.
I would rather have the Potenza S-01's I have on the 240sx or the Goodyear Eagles Summer tread. Those are the only other choices I would make at this date for another set of tires.
Now you be carefull of those little OL Ladies crossin the path.. :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Stefx , you're right about that snow storm , that's the only time my Cobra ever saw snow , ever !
This was April 4th 2004

I thought about going too with the Toyo Garrit HTs on the O.E. 17s , but I went with these amazing Nokian WR .... you won't believe this but .... they are the world's first all seasons with the snowflake-in-a-mountain icon (severe winter governement icon) on the tire ..... and to boot ; a threadwear rating at 400 high (you don't get a rating on winters) ! These tire's sidewall are so rigid that it took 110 and 120 lbs of air to bust the bubble when installed on the mag wheel and they handle better than the O.E. Michelin Pilots .... amazing !

To learn more about this truly amazing tire for your next time purchase after yours wear out : (check its various unique characteristics) http://www.nokiantyres.com/passengercars_p...&name=NOKIAN+WR ...... I paid $980 CDN for all four , what about your Toyos ?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stefx , you're right about that snow storm , that's the only time my Cobra ever saw snow , ever !
This was April 4th 2004

I thought about going too with the Toyo Garrit HTs on the O.E. 17s , but I went with these amazing Nokian WR .... you won't believe this but .... they are the world's first all seasons with the snowflake-in-a-mountain icon (severe winter governement icon) on the tire ..... and to boot ; a threadwear rating at 400 high (you don't get a rating on winters) ! These tire's sidewall are so rigid that it took 110 and 120 lbs of air to bust the bubble when installed on the mag wheel and they handle better than the O.E. Michelin Pilots .... amazing !

To learn more about this truly amazing tire for your next time purchase after yours wear out : (check its various unique characteristics) http://www.nokiantyres.com/passengercars_p...&name=NOKIAN+WR ...... I paid $980 CDN for all four , what about your Toyos ?
[/b]
Hi!

Thanks for the heads up on that tyre, it looks pretty good, and from the few searches I quickly did on google it looks like many people like it. When my Garritts wear out I'll certainly consider them
I think the Garrits were in the similar price range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Stefx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing