Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have lurked here in the past, but never have posted until now. I have a 2003 Mazda 6 4 cyl. I did the front brakes on my 6 this past weekend. While the front tires were off, I took them up to a tire store to have them re-balanced and was given the bad news that both front wheels are badly bent (I knew this already due to the vibration I was feeling). I have replaced one rim in the past and spent $300. If I must spend $600 on two more, I can get 4 aftermarket rims for a bit more.

I am looking for some recommendations for a reasonably priced, STRONG aftermarket wheel 17x7.5 that will look great on a dark red metallic 6. I want to stay with a chrome, silver, or polished metal color. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
has anyone thought of making a sticky with a collection of trusted internet wheel/tire stores?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have been to some of those sites on my own. I was looking for more of a technical response....ie, so and so's wheels are the strongest. Should I go with forged, or steel wheels? I know a lot about cars, but nothing specific about aftermarket wheel producers. Anything you can provide more than a link to an online store would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to find a rim that will better my chances of not bending a rim if I accidently hit a pot hole. I live in Michigan where we have the worst roads in the US....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts