Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a previous owner of a awesome Audi S4, I had a issue finding one when they were first introduced, and the order time to delivery was 6 months.

A bunch of us on a board similar to this came up with an idea. We all agreed to look at the local dealerships for each other ( I think we agreed to watch inventory for 6 dealers); talked to the sales manager and called on Wednesdays (this is when they got updated delivery info).

I kept mine on a simple spreadsheet, and we all used the manf. options list to refer to what was on the car.

Then, as people came on board looking, we could let them know what was available and save everyone some time for a little effort. This took me maybe 20 minutes every other week.

It worked out awesome, I found my EXACT car in 1 week! The dealers loved it, because we were sending them a customer wanting to buy, right now. In MANY cases, we also got people 'bumped' up the list based on their desire to buy it 'today'! In my case I was number 6 in line the day the car arrived, and because I was willing to pick it up that night, the other 5 backed out!

Another thing that helped, shop for your loan ahead of time and get pre-qualified. I did, and one call got the lender to callthe dealer and get the paperwork moving before I got there. doc's were ready and everything!

Thoughts?:D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Suggestion for those of us shopping...

The new Mazda site solves the problem. You search and filter (model,)color, trans) for the car you want up to a 150 mile radius

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Suggestion for those of us shopping...'

I'll try that again. Was very slow and clumsy the last 2 times I worked on it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Reading Topic: Suggestion for those of us shopping...

Yah, but, be careful. The Mazda website shows cars that have been ordered by a particular dealership weather or not they are actually on the lot. My car shows on there when I search my dealership and its not even there yet. Also, my car is a sold car, with a deposit down on it. I am sure people will be looking at it ( 6s, 5 speed).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts