Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today my phone wouldn’t connect with my car. When I tried to access the phone menu to try and repair it, It’s like the phone button doesn’t work.
Neither one. The one on the head unit or the one by the command knob.

I tried defaulting back to factory settings on the audio and display menus. Didn’t help. Audio and nav seems to work fine other than no Bluetooth connectivity.
Any ideas? I was thinking about pulling the fuse for the system to try and reset it.

The car is a 2014 GT with the Bose speakers.
Phone is a IPhone XR.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wound up pulling the fuses and that reset it.
there were three fuses, audio 1, audio 2, and Bose. Located in the fuse box in the engine bay. I just pulled them all, waited a few seconds, reinstalled and that took care of it.
my phone paired up just fine. I didn’t have to do anything there. But it deleted my fiancé‘s phone. So that was kinda weird. And I had to redo all my radio presets and settings as expected.
Otherwise, not too big a deal.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wound up pulling the fuses and that reset it.
there were three fuses, audio 1, audio 2, and Bose. Located in the fuse box in the engine bay. I just pulled them all, waited a few seconds, reinstalled and that took care of it.
my phone paired up just fine. I didn’t have to do anything there. But it deleted my fiancé‘s phone. So that was kinda weird. And I had to redo all my radio presets and settings as expected.
Otherwise, not too big a deal.
I just checked the Owner's Manual and confirmed the entries for AUDIO 1, AUDIO 2, and BOSE.

There's another one, AUDIO, rated at 40A. I didn't verify if I have one physically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts