Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have an 05 6s MTX, only mods are exedy lightened flywheel and exedy stage 1 clutch. im driving home from work the other night and I suddenly get a loud knocking noise coming from the motor. the oil light, battery light, check engine light, and tcs light all came on. i had the car towed in the next morning. the mazda delaership calls me and says there was no oil in the motor whatsoever. but i had just checked the oil level 3 days before and it was right at full. so my question is does any one have an experience with or heard of a defect or failure somewhere to cause 3.0 v6 to suddenly burn or lose massive amounts of oil? there were no puddles in my driveway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i have an 05 6s MTX, only mods are exedy lightened flywheel and exedy stage 1 clutch. im driving home from work the other night and I suddenly get a loud knocking noise coming from the motor. the oil light, battery light, check engine light, and tcs light all came on. i had the car towed in the next morning. the mazda delaership calls me and says there was no oil in the motor whatsoever. but i had just checked the oil level 3 days before and it was right at full. so my question is does any one have an experience with or heard of a defect or failure somewhere to cause 3.0 v6 to suddenly burn or lose massive amounts of oil? there were no puddles in my driveway.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The PCV valves are known to get stuck sometimes causing sudden oil consumption. However it's still weird that 5 1/2 - 6 quarts would go missing and you not notice. You'll need to gather as much info as you can on the forums regarding this issue as well as provide proof of maintenance (oil receipts etc). Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The PCV valves are known to get stuck sometimes causing sudden oil consumption. However it's still weird that 5 1/2 - 6 quarts would go missing and you not notice. You'll need to gather as much info as you can on the forums regarding this issue as well as provide proof of maintenance (oil receipts etc). Good luck.
[/b]

ya thanks that what they said i need to get my reciepts of maintenence, good thing i still have em. but i still have the feeling their going to fight me on it, unless i can bring some backround info like the pcv for backup.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Did they find the oil? It cant have just dissapeared. There will be a leak somewhere, or it will be somewhere inside the engine... From the sound of it I would check the road where your lights all came on... And you would think the oil light would come on before the engine was completly empty, otherwise it is a useless light...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did they find the oil? It cant have just dissapeared. There will be a leak somewhere, or it will be somewhere inside the engine... From the sound of it I would check the road where your lights all came on... And you would think the oil light would come on before the engine was completly empty, otherwise it is a useless light...
[/b]
the latest update is their not touching the motor. they havent opened it up yet. and now their saying it wasnt completely empty either. they said that i ran it low on oil and their not going to service it under warranty. but they did go as far to say that i need a new motor. so now i have to call mazda directly tomorrow and file a claim with them. based on what ive read about the pcv valve, i suggested it to them today since they said initially there was no oil at all. they said the pcv failure would only cause the motor to lose some of its oil. but that goes right along with them all of a sudden changing their statement to say that it wasnt completely out of oil, it was just low. so im gonna bring that up tomorrow when i call mazda. as a last resort if i cant get a new motor ill just bore out the old one and sleeve it. run bigger, higher compression pistons and get 290 out of the motor na. blah such a hassle, i need my car back, i have no way to get around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had engine replacement because of this but I didnt lose oil that fast. It took about a week and a half. The dealer replaced the motor but they had my car for almost a month.
[/b]

did they initially say they werent going to replace it? did u have to fight? what did they attribute the oil loss to?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts