Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nirosh (StraighGoodz) came to waterloo at 10am last sunday to install his Raptors DDE and his H3 HID kit to his integrated fog... and while we have the headlight apart, i tried to mod our bosch h3 halogen prj to give out lots of colors at the cutoff line.. AND WE DID IT !!! check out the pics...

Nirosh's "naked" car

Raptors DDE installed (small ring on the bezel and larger ring on the reflector itself)

Close up of the Raptors DDE installed

Derrick's car getting his driver's side DDE ballast replaced

Same ... ( :drool: cp-e )

Comparison with the ver.1 DDE Derrick has..

Everything installed on Nirosh's car, and now he's playing with his turn signal light... ... AFTER he cleaned his car with spray detailer (for every 10 minutes) :lol:

Best part of the day !!! Color mod successful !!! see the beautiful color it makes.... and mind that it's not from the HID kit... i think... lol..

:drool: :drool:

Left, Nirosh's Raptors DDE
Right, Derrick's ver.1 DDE

Nirosh's DDE

Derrick's DDE

Derrick's DDE(closeup)

Nirosh's DDE(closeup)

Bug killer... 2x6000K HID kit (low beam and fogs)

Not a bad cutoff, and i think this is what a proper alignment of headlight should be...

We finished everything at ard 6-7pm !!!! DAMN... yes.. we did dde's, hid, airbox mod, foglight mod, removing & installing 2 bumpers... and damn we're so beat up, but the best part of the day is the result !!!! it's soo worth it !!

and btw, Nirosh's car is now full of wires... 2 HID ballasts and 1 DDE's ballast (with the wiring harness) EACH SIDE !! so it's cluttering all over the bay...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i still think mine loox da best

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i still think mine loox da best
[/b]
LOL... yeah ok ok.. !!!! :drive:

oh btw, that fog light color mod doesnt look perfect, as u can see the drop down in the middle...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
such a perfectionist!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....... yeah .. u r.... LOL...

1 more thing, here's the video we took, but please keep the volume down !! lol.. i talked too loud on the video....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i need to clean ma headlights 1st

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice, nice...

BTW, Tim, WTF is your avatar??? :huh:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
loox like a halo ring

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i need to clean ma headlights 1st
[/b]
clean ur headlight??? wat for?

Nice, nice...

BTW, Tim, WTF is your avatar??? :huh:
[/b]
oh... that's my high beam reflector and it's the blue coated H1 bulb that makes the blue reflection on the reflector.. lol... i thought it would be kewl..

loox like a halo ring
[/b]
ok.... i m debating on getting the raptors or making up my own, which is a lot harder than i expected...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice, where’s yours for comparison?[/b]
sigh .... i dont think i will make my own angel eyes anymore... i can try, but i dont know how to reroute the acrylic out.... i dont know.... i m lazy... lol... and it takes a long time to do....

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol... u in TO as well?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yea from Sauga...

been driving my six stock too long... finally passed 60 K So I can play around with it a little lol

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Good stuff Tim!

Hopefully, and maybe, you'd be willing to help me out install mine too in the future!! No baking of headlights though, just HID install and DRL disabling and independent foglight switch...

Then again, this is probably FAR into the future... lol... Suspension comes first :p

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good stuff Tim!

Hopefully, and maybe, you'd be willing to help me out install mine too in the future!! No baking of headlights though, just HID install and DRL disabling and independent foglight switch...

Then again, this is probably FAR into the future... lol... Suspension comes first :p
[/b]
LOL.. HID install is not that hard.... let me know when u r ready...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
17 Participants
t_mo_t
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing