Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to upgrade my 2016 Mazda6 Touring (stick-shift, non-Bose) by installing some sound deadening (Kilmat) in the door and adding a powered subwoofer (Rockford Fosgate Punch PS8).

First, I broke ~2/3 of the damn door clips. Anyone got a part number and good source for these?

Second, installing the subwoofer is going to be a bigger pain than I expected. Anyone got a wiring diagram or info - with wire locations? (NOT the Bose stereo.)

Suggestions on routing the power wire? Subwoofer won't fit under the driver's seat, so under the passenger seat.

Suggestions on where to tap into the rear speaker wires? Is there an amp takeoff? (Subwoofer takes line-level or speaker-level inputs.)

All suggestions and referrals welcomed! Thank you.
(Mods, feel welcome to move this to a more appropriate forum.)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I remember @tickerguy has a bunch of clips. I just can't find it but he posted a link with it. This reminds me, I think he also installed some sound deadening material or someone else did it.

@TalonTsi90 knows around his way with the sound system. There's another guy who made a clean looking subwoofer addition. I'll get back with the link later.

EDIT: I got it, it's @shawndoggy and here is the link:

@oblivioncth made an analysis on the Bose system and he also posted the link for the wiring diagram.

I know you are not looking for the Bose system but the link might have information that you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.