Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so i got everything hooked up to the point where i thought it would work. The sub is really distorted and weak.

The amp is powered, and i took the signal from the rear harness for the stock sub following these instructions http://forum.mazda6club.com/car-electronics/235192-still-confused-bose-audio-aftermarket-subs.html (8 posts down, joel's instructions). After alot of research and that thread i found out that taking the signal from the rear could be done and the quality could be good.

Although, when i tapped into the wires in the back, and i didnt quite understand the instructions. Im pretty sure i found the right center probes, and connected them to the black/red. The the outer, again i think, were connected correctly to the brown wire. Then i plugged the other side RCA into my amp. Could this work? Do i have to use the wire he specifies, and if so, does anyone have more they could explain to me on how to do that? Or any thoughts how i wired this?

Im trying to figure out the problem with my setup and any help would be appreciated.

I attached a picture of what the tap looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
The brown wire is signal positive. The black/red wire is signal negative. The brown wire connects to the RCA postive lead. The black/red wire connects to the RCA negative lead. This is a balanced signal connection. The AMP may have a switch for this type of connection. If not then you may have to crank up the gain on the amp to get good volume.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The signal is still really weak and distorted, but a little better.. i have 2 wires from the rca connected to the brown wire, which i think are positive. Then the two negative wires from rca i have connected to the ground. I dont think my amp has balanced signal so i didnt connect anything to the black/red. Is that right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I turned the input sensitivity all the way up, and the bass boost all the way up. still sounds like crap... any ideas? thanks for the help btw

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I would check the wiring again. What kind of sub and amp do you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I just finished adding my two Alpine Type R 10's and Kenwood Excelon x1200m to my 2004 Mazda 6 w/ Bose. I have to say it was pretty straight forward and easy. Aside from stripping the wires without a wire stripper (initially, I cleaned it up later after I got a pair of wire strippers) and stabbing myself on accident (...), this would have taken about two hours to complete.

I spliced all of the wires to the Bose sub so I currently have both my Bose and aftermarket subs pumping. Used the brown for signal positive, black/red negative, the blue/red power to the Bose sub for the remote off/on for the Kenwood amp. Ran a separate power straight to the battery and ground bolted inside the spare tire well (scrapped off some of the coating on the metal for full contact) for the Kenwood.

Hope this helps.

Edit-

Also, I have to say the Alpines are hitting just as hard and loud as they were in my previous car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts