Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
im planing on installing subs into my 06 hatchback but i am not getting a head unit....i have already purchased a line output converter to connect my new amp to my cars stock bose system
however, when thinking about the situation, i remembered that the speakers are on the doors which i think will cause a problem tapping into the speakers to install the converter and then running the wires to my trunk.
i was wondering if anyone else was doing a similar project and had any ideas..i know there is a stock subwoofer in the middle of the spare tire but i was not sure if i could use this to install the converter.

thanks everyone.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm looking into this too. Haven't done anything yet, but from what I've read all of the connections you need are at the factory amp under the passenger seat. I believe one of the write ups has a wiring diagram too so you can figure this out. And like jmhinkle said you don't really need a LOC. Apparently you can just splice a set of RCA's and tap them directly into the low level signal coming from the head unit to the amp. Although I plan on using an MTX one anyway because it has gain controls for adjusting the levels and cleans up the signal.

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
Properly done is connect at the main amp connection using the front inputs, because the amp output in the rear is already eq'd, but it does work correctly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, where is the thread about installing a sub without a LOC? i have to sub enclosure and an amp that i plan on using, so im not sure how to do this without a LOC. thanks

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
Looks like you found one of many. There is another one I have running with another member that has the link to the pinout if you haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (jmhinkle @ Jan 20 2010, 09:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631140
Looks like you found one of many. There is another one I have running with another member that has the link to the pinout if you haven't found it yet.[/b]

i just had a couple more questions...
1. how do i access the bose stock amplifier underneath the passenger seat? do i need to remove the passenger seat?
2. so i do not need to use a LOC...i just need to tap into the stock bose amp and this will let my aftermarket amp work with the stereo?
3. is there any way to simply tap into the stock bose subwoofer in the trunk and use this with the LOC (since i already have the LOC) or would it be easier to wire it to the amp...

as you can see im quite a noob to this so please bear with me...thanks a lot

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
1) answered in the other thread where you asked.
2) correct. The bose headunit puts out flat 2v signals to the amp. All the Bose magic happens in the amp. You just need to tap the preamp inputs using that pinout I linked for you.
3) Return the LOC and forget about it. You can also tap the signal wires at the trunk, but that is a signal that has be EQ'd by the Bose amp. The Bose amp also starts limiting sub volume as you turn up the HU. That's why I recommend tapping off the HU preamp into the amp and using the pure signal for your aftermarket amp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts