Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to keep my sub box from sliding around. i have just one 12 in a sealed box. my amp is mounted on top. originally i had a couple of brackets on top of the box that were screwed into that metal bar in the top of the trunk. over time the screws got loose from moving around too much so im looking for a better solution.

any better spot to put the brackets? or is there anyway i could use velcro? im just afraid it would slide around if its attached with velcro.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if you use industrial strength velco and attach it to the box with a staple gun your box shouldn't move too much. i've had much success with this technique in the past.

personally, i'm not a big fan of mounting amps to the box. the box tends to flex and with the rigid amp attached that can spell trouble.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I recently just used some of the industrial strength velco. So far it is working pretty good.

I was afraid that the carpet would start slideing around and break that foam peice that holds it in place, so i also velcroed the carpet to the trunk.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome. ok now for a dumb question...where can i get some industrial strength velcro?

also do you put it on the bottom of the box? (another dumb question)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you can buy it any target, walmart, hardware store, etc. attach a couple of squares to the bottom and you should be all set. the velco serves to provide friction & keep your junk from floating around.

a small packet of velco will set you back about $5. i prefer the snap-type. it comes with 3m tape adhesive that will stick to your sub box, but that will come off over time- so i'd advise adding some staples to keep it attached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
lazybusinessman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing