Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think subforums will be added to this section anytime? It would be quite helpful to have things categorized instead of thrown in a big pot :eek:P

·
Registered
998 Posts
I asked back in December and was shot down. Maybe if others ask it will come.

Reason being the Speed6 is very similar to the regular 6, and maybe when the model change comes next year they'll devote another subsection to the new model.

Sorry to all you regular 6 owners, but our motors are different, our drivetrains are different, our ecu's are different, and many body parts are different. The speed6 is a different model altogether. This is why Pontiac can show advertisements claiming their G6 has more power then the Mazda6. If the Speed was a trim level then sure keep it all together.

But Mazda produces the Mazda 3, Mazda 6 and Mazdaspeed6.

But that's just my $0.02

Jason

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
It won't happen as the admins expect those various categories to be posted in the appropriate categories above. This is more like the Mazdaspeed "General forum, althoughs the Admins seem to allow anthing to stay here and don't move it.

As a matter of fact, are the admins even around? The description for this forum still says "When it finally becomes available". Ahem... it's been available for a while. ;)

I'd have to agree with the admins as we don't want to generate the impression that we feel above other 6 owners. The car is basically a 6 with a bunch of newer technology thrown in.

·
Registered
998 Posts
It won't happen as the admins expect those various categories to be posted in the appropriate categories above. This is more like the Mazdaspeed "General forum, althoughs the Admins seem to allow anthing to stay here and don't move it.

As a matter of fact, are the admins even around? The description for this forum still says "When it finally becomes available". Ahem... it's been available for a while. ;)

I'd have to agree with the admins as we don't want to generate the impression that we feel above other 6 owners. The car is basically a 6 with a bunch of newer technology thrown in.
[/b]
My insurance company sees it as a different model, my bank sees it as a different model, the automitive industry sees it as a different model, sory for those that own a standard 6 and feel they're equal.

Jason

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
My insurance company sees it as a different model, my bank sees it as a different model, the automitive industry sees it as a different model, sory for those that own a standard 6 and feel they're equal.

Jason
[/b]
Wierd but my insurance company lists it as a Mazda 6s on my policy. I wonder why? The VIN is correct.

T

·
0 Posts
Wierd but my insurance company lists it as a Mazda 6s on my policy. I wonder why? The VIN is correct.
[/b]
The reason is because the Speed6 is a totally new car and the industry has not updated the Vin's in their systems, look for your hefty increase sometime after 1 may. I am an agent and our company has the new vins in for 1 may.

Doubled my rates from my last vehicle but well worth the fun.

:swearin:

·
Registered
776 Posts
They better not raise my rates for no apparent reason other than it's a different/new car. If they do I will be finding another insurance company.

·
Registered
998 Posts
They better not raise my rates for no apparent reason other than it's a different/new car. If they do I will be finding another insurance company.
[/b]
Chances are they wont raise it come may 1, but they'll raise it when your policy is up and due for renewal. I'm glad I questioned the ins. co's when I was looking at buying the car. I'd hate to be set on one price just to see it go up dramatically in 6 months. I know when I went to buy mine in the end of Dec, it was impossible to get an accurate quote online or even over the phone in a timely manner. Took progressive 6 hours to look up the car and then give me an estimate based on what it had, with the promise it could change within a month or two. My ins. agent at the time told me it would be one price and then when signing the papers told me the bad news that he got the actual info the day prior. I promptly changed providers for half the cost. Even if you find a new company its not like the other companys will still rate it as a standard Mazda6 -- at least for long.

Jason

·
Registered
870 Posts
I just renewed my policy for 2 years. So I guess I'm safe :)

It went up from $1100~ to $1300. I guess my speeding ticket for going 105km/h in a 50 didn't help. (Country road btw...)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Jason
[/b]
Thems fightin' words. Haha. At least my engine isn't notorious for power loss issues :nana: . Only kidding...I know the speed is far superior to the standard 6.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Thems fightin' words. Haha. At least my engine isn't notorious for power loss issues :nana: . Only kidding...I know the speed is far superior to the standard 6.
[/b]
Its ok. Power loss isnt that bad, it just reminds me what its like to drive a standard mazda6 :nana:

Yea, powerloss IS bad :p
Jason

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Its ok. Power loss isnt that bad, it just reminds me what its like to drive a standard mazda6 :nana:

Yea, powerloss IS bad :p
Jason
[/b]
:laugh:

I would like to actually contribute to this thread, but have no opinion on the matter. I can see your guys' point for the most part (Mainly suspension/brakes/transmission).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
ATL
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing