Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my sub about a year ago always worked fine, I have an in line level for the outputs connected to front speakers, I changed my 2 tens to a twelve about 2 months ago pounded it all the time but for some reason the sub will give out, I checked all the wireing and everything looks good, when the subs not working the amp is still powered so I don't think it's the amp and if I slam one of my doors or the trunk the sub usually starts pounding again but once the song fades out with no bass the sub usually cuts out again, and when the subs out I try wiggling around all the connections but nothing it only comes back on when a door or trunk is slammed I'm really confused any help would be awsome thanks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
sounds like my issue except mi8ne just gave out. Ur problem sounds like it could be over heating. I had my amp sent to Kenwood and it came back fine. I just took mine out. Went back to the stock sub

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine sometimes does that exact same thing. I have my amp wired identically to the way you do. I have 2 12's and sometimes they will just stop working. The amp will still be on just no sound. I turn the amp on and off a few times and it will sometimes work. I haven't noticed if the doors/trunk opening and closing affect it but it would make sense because sometimes I just give up and the next day after I get in my car it works again..what's the deal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like it's a wiring problem, maybe loose wires? It also sounds like it could be that your input volume is too loud for the amp and it's clipping.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I installed my sub about a year ago always worked fine, I have an in line level for the outputs connected to front speakers, I changed my 2 tens to a twelve about 2 months ago pounded it all the time but for some reason the sub will give out, I checked all the wireing and everything looks good, when the subs not working the amp is still powered so I don't think it's the amp and if I slam one of my doors or the trunk the sub usually starts pounding again but once the song fades out with no bass the sub usually cuts out again, and when the subs out I try wiggling around all the connections but nothing it only comes back on when a door or trunk is slammed I'm really confused any help would be awsome thanks.
describe your install in greater detail... brands, power wire size, what kind of box etc whatever info we can use to help

·
Registered
50 Posts
Seems like either a bad electrical connection to the sub or the sub driver may be blown. Sometimes the connection between the sub speaker terminal or the sub speaker terminal and the voice coil can go intermittent. I would check the subwoofer driver connections and see if something might be loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts