Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...for starters....I have an '05 M6 non-Bose.

I noticed today that I have an empty plug hanging under my rear deck. Can I assume this is the plug that WOULD be used for the Bose sub? If so..would it be possible to tap the wires from this plug for power to a sub I bought? The one I have is a Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub. The harness that connects to it has very thin wires for power and ground. I just wondered if I would get lucky and be able to tap it right there, instead of running back to the battery.

Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ok...for starters....I have an '05 M6 non-Bose.

I noticed today that I have an empty plug hanging under my rear deck. Can I assume this is the plug that WOULD be used for the Bose sub? If so..would it be possible to tap the wires from this plug for power to a sub I bought? The one I have is a Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub. The harness that connects to it has very thin wires for power and ground. I just wondered if I would get lucky and be able to tap it right there, instead of running back to the battery.

Thanks
[/b]
your going to have to get a line out converter (LOC) hooked up to your frond speakers running from the back of the deck, then run RCA's and power wire to the the trunk. I didnt trust myself with a new car so I had my local circuit city do the job. Ihad the 4 gauge wire, and I bought the LOC and RCA's and it cost me all-in-all $150.00. Sounds steep but they have a lifetime warranty so I went with it. Im gunna do some sound deadening soon, the trunk tends to humm a little too mch for my taste. Hope it helps :yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That plug is for the bose subwoofer, however it is not live unless the bose system is installed. You will have to go the LOC route.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That plug is for the bose subwoofer, however it is not live unless the bose system is installed. You will have to go the LOC route.
[/b]
Ok, well...as far as the LOC, I forgot to mention that I have an Alpine head unti installed with the Metra kit. If you say that plug isn't live though, then I'll still have to run power to the battery, and the RCA's to the head unit, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
vtusaf
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing