Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can tell from my sig i usualy got wqith some mid range Fosgate subs. I listen to mostly rock. I am look at some other option for the GTO. I am thinking of going with 1 12 because the space is go limited. I was looking at 12" Adire bramha but can't seem to find it in stock. I have arround 1000w rms @ 1ohm to feed subs. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
215 Posts
As you can tell from my sig i usualy got wqith some mid range Fosgate subs. I listen to mostly rock. I am look at some other option for the GTO. I am thinking of going with 1 12 because the space is go limited. I was looking at 12" Adire bramha but can't seem to find it in stock. I have arround 1000w rms @ 1ohm to feed subs. Any other suggestions?
[/b]
IDmax v3
Oz Matrix

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
491 Posts
In that case, I would probably recommend the first two of my options. Kicker would probably be ok (although I would probably do a little bigger like 1.5) but orion may need more power.

Best price out of the bunch(with warrantyand good customer service) would be the SS Rl-p but you can find the L7's for fairly cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Elemental Designs 13Ov2 From everything I've heard/read, and my experiences with their Kv line, there's no doubt in my mind this is a top notch sub.

I'm really happy with my dayton too. RS12 High Output. I have mine in .75 cubic feet with 600 real watts going to it. With more power, I can only imagine it'd get better. Of course, this probably won't work in your application since it's only available in a 4 ohm SVC

·
Registered
215 Posts
Elemental Designs 13Ov2 From everything I've heard/read, and my experiences with their Kv line, there's no doubt in my mind this is a top notch sub.

I'm really happy with my dayton too. RS12 High Output. I have mine in .75 cubic feet with 600 real watts going to it. With more power, I can only imagine it'd get better. Of course, this probably won't work in your application since it's only available in a 4 ohm SVC
[/b]
Elemental subs are made by Image dynamics. Still great subs but in your case, ID MAX is he way to go. Even eclipse titanium is a good choice.

Daytons are great for the price

·
Registered
491 Posts
Eclipse and soundsplinter use the same oem manufacturer (hint hint ;) ) Plus Ti's, from what i hear, sound better ported and in a larger box than the space he has available.

IDMAX and Daytons are nice though and would fit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Eclipse and soundsplinter use the same oem manufacturer (hint hint ;) ) Plus Ti's, from what i hear, sound better ported and in a larger box than the space he has available.

IDMAX and Daytons are nice though and would fit.
[/b]
Or just go direct to tc sounds.

Also my friend has a ti sealed and is only giving it 500 watts and it sounds great as a sq application. Ported would definatly be louder though.

·
Registered
491 Posts
As far as I know, TC Sounds only manufactures and sells in quantity. Soundsplinter, O-audio, and maybe some other small companies are the best deals you can get for their subs in small quantities.

·
Registered
235 Posts

[/b]
I would also vote the elemental design, its a very good sub.

For more money JL w7 is also a good choice, but its quite expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
R_sinist
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing