Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know how great the 6 handles out the box no matter what trim level u get...my question is why would anyone with the 6 want to change the suspension and not focus on performance mods first...I would rather save for performance mods and down the road with spare cash worry about dropping the car and beefing up the suspension...

I'll give you a good example, in my case I have a 2k2 Max we all know its a powerful car out the box, but it handles like crap, but I'm working on changing that before I do any performance mods...

Like I said, I'm curious as to what u guys think.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Stupid Question....'

IF you would want to autocross. Stiffer shocks and springs and a upper stress bar would be the way to go. The car is set up on a stock coilover setup, no struts.:D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Stupid Question....

Anything good can be made better. Take a Miata, great car straight from the factory. But tighten up the suspension with a good set of shocks, sways and sticky tires and it becomes a different animal!

To get a noticable improvement in accleration in a 6 is going to take a chunk of change. HP is expensive.

To some it's not how fast you go but how you go fast. I find it to be great fun to take people out in the Miata, dive into a corner at 60MPH (that they would take at 30) and watch them damn near pee themselves.

It all depends on where you get your jollies. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts

I would go handling first. A great handling car makes up for a lot of power in my opinion, and offers more thrills.

·
Registered
70 Posts

A lot like it low with little or no attention to power.
Others are sleeper types with the stock look and loads of power.
Some like to blend both...

I guess it's what tickles your pickle... and maybe how deep your pockets are.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I have to agree with yellSoIwX...

Do you wanna be FAST
or do you wanna be QUICK
or do you wanna be AGILE

then it's do you wanna look the part or not

All of these also depend on how deeep your pockets are.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I just think the 6 is a very agile car out the box, but like u all said u can better become best.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

One problem I had with my truck was, I had to slow way down to take a curve, otherwise I would lose it all. Even my parent's Concorde could outhandle it, go faster through the curves.

So I like a mixture of both tight handling and quick acceleration.

Which brings me to a question, has anyone found out what the road holding index/skidpad rating for the 6 is?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts