Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I tried to search. I found nothing. So I opted to just post this in the newbie section.

My question is. I go tthe CPE intake. So i decided I needed to clean the filter today. So I when tot the auto parts store. got a filter cleaning kit for $17.

Anyways my question is. I put the cleaner on. let it soak for 15 minutes. and then washed it out with water from the inside out to push the crap out of the filter.

Anyways It sais to let the filter dry completly then add the oil. My question is. How long does it take to dry? I ask because my fiance called and needs me to pick something up from her parents while she's at work and bring it to her. so I'm hoping this crap doesn't take all night to dry before I can add the oil.

It said on the package to let it dry naturally. not to use heat or anything. So I figure other people on her ehave cleaned their's plenty of times. Maybe someone could help me with how long this takes before I can oil and put it back on.... Or am I pretty much "in" for the rest of the night untill tomarrow when it's dry? If that is the case. I'll just get drunk really fast so the fiance can't get mad at me for not going because i can't drive drunk lol.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
You don't need to let it dry because it's not going to be dry. That's the purpose of having the oil on the filter in the first place.

As long as you don't over oil your filter, you can go ahead install and drive.

EDIT - I just re-read your question... I guess I misunderstood you... After cleaning the filter, you'll need to get it dry preferably overnight until it's dry to touch. Then put the oil (not too much), install and drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts