Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a stupid exhaust question but I'm trying to figure this out...

Catback exhaust go from the cat back, obviously. Do they replace the Cat and void the warranty or is that a different exhaust setup?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cat Converter stays, everything else behind it goes. Void the warranty? All depends on your dealer, and your relasionship with them, but they will probably void it. I haven't had any problems with my Injens though.
[/b]
Ok, so from what i've read as long as you don't mess with the cats the warranty should be fine, I just thought the catback included the Catalytic Converter.

Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
the dealer will try to say it voids your warranty. ex: on my old car i had an intake and my 3rd gear synchro went out....well, they tried to say it was because of my intake. so i told them to prove that my intake was the reason for the faulty tranny. they couldnt prove it so they fixed my tranny under warranty. now, if my throttle body or maf messed up, then yes i can say it wouldve voided my warranty work. always, keep your stock parts. and if you have to, switch back to stock and THEN take it to the dealer. and never mention the aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Or you could go with the mazdaspeed exhaust and your dealership will have to warrenty your aftermarket exhaust for a year! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts