Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was looking on the net as to what people were using to top off their ATF after a pan drop and strainer service. I was in automotive service for 14 years, but I've been out of it professionally now for almost 11 years. Been driving a truck ever since. Always been a bit of a gearhead. Always done all of my own repairs on every vehicle I've ever owned.

We bought this 2007 Madza 6i in 2009...it's about to roll over 200K miles. Mechanically, it's been a jam up car. Cosmetically, it's not so great. Figured I'd join up and possibly offer some knowledge as well as seek some. I'm a member of a few other automotive oriented forum sites, so why not another?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome!

When you say cosmetically, not so much, I'm assuming rust? Rear wheel wells?

What other cosmetic issues?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

When you say cosmetically, not so much, I'm assuming rust? Rear wheel wells?

What other cosmetic issues?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Headlight lenses faded. Had to sand the aging clear off and reclear. They look new now. Headliner has started falling almost everywhere. Map box lid hinge broke for no apparent reason...it rarely gets opened. 3/4 of the power window motors have failed. Plastic cover on the bottom front passenger seat had a tab (that secures it) break off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. Experience is always appreciated.
I had to redo the headliner in my wagon. That is a big headliner!
Took 2 cans of ForceField Headliner Trim & Laminating Adhesive. Several years with some high temps and still doing well.
Duly noted on the headliner adhesive. I've seen several similar products but no real feedback. Might have to give that a try.

I also just changed the spark plugs for possibly the 1st time on this car. The ones I took put had a noticeably larger gap due to tip erosion from such a long service life. I didn't tell the wife I changed them. She went up the road and called me saying whatever I did made a HUGE difference in the get-up-and-go. Happy wife, happy life...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
GerryB
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing