Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking around at different online stores and what they have listed for the 6 as far as suspension. I am not looking to lower the car right now just seeing what's out there otherwise. I am upgrading my rear sway bar this weekend but was curious what else may be out there. I stumbled accross several products that I haven't heard spoken about here on the board yet, not at length at least.

I saw several suspension parts listed there that I was curious if anyone had any experience with on the 6 or with similar products on other cars.

First is a strut tower bar, I am sure some people have these, any noticable improvement on the 6? If so what brand did you use?

Second is a 6 point ladder brace.

Third is a set of Trailing Braces.

So does anyone have these or similar products installed? Although I have seen them before I don't have any personal experience with anything except a strut tower bar. Have you seen any marked improvement? Let me know what you have found.
Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well before Dabears2k orders you to...i would just like to suggest using the search function...

The only one of those three that i know about would be the strut tower brace. 100s of topics have been done on this. I produces no improvement on our setup whatsoever. We have a double wishbone set up that uses shocks not struts. I would assume the other two dont do that much because they arn't mentioned that often, but dont quote me on that...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finding some stuff now, had looked before but not as in depth. Seems like good stuff, the big question seems to be if the rear lateral bar fits, and the only issue seems to be exhaust clearance, not chassis problems. I would be interested if anyone has this on and has any idea how to get a hold of it as I can only see the trailing links and ladder brace listed.

6gun, got any pics of your ladder brace? Any plans on making more? Please elaborate.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I have all of those! I love them all to death. I would have to say the most noticable pieces were the braces under the car. The car is much firmer. Kepp in mind my car is on coilovers and I have both front and rear swaybars. There is body roll is just about gone. I know you are looking to keep the car the stock height however lowering it will give you the most noticable effect. If you have any questions let me know. If you want some more pictures i can do that also.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
pm sent Kwikshift. Yes I will be mass producing along with several other parts in the suspension and engine areas. The 4-point brace has a much lower profile than before and is very strong. I've had it on for quite a while now. There is one catch to all this. My summer business is in full swing starting next week and my hands are tied until August. So there is a wait unfortunately. I will understand if many of you don't want to wait for me. But I will say this...when you see the prices for these parts you'll wish you had waited...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even if you can't make them, can you get pics. Also to miss the whole "driving" season of summer for the northernerns, at that point might as well say they will be out next year. Not trying to stir up trouble, just kinda thinking end of summer is not when people are looking for upgrades usually. Really the big thing is no-where to get the rear lateral bar. Unless we can talk CVR into stocking it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks to Wiggum (sold me his GTSpec braces when trading to his speed6), I have the braces installed. I also am on Tanabe Gf's and rear sway, but I did notice a good difference in handling. I'll admit I was optimistic, but the car actually felt about 5x more in control when going into corners. I feel like I have complete control of my car when turning and I love the feeling. Definately get the 6-point ladder brace. I recommend it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
jage
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing