Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planing to reach 350-375HP with 6i engine with turbo at next year.
So it is time to start searching tranny which can hold it, because OEM will be blow up with no chances.
I searched this forum and can't find anything. So making this topic.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I planing to reach 350-375HP with 6i engine with turbo at next year.
So it is time to start searching tranny which can hold it, because OEM will be blow up with no chances.
I searched this forum and can't find anything. So making this topic.
[/b]
good luck with the modding, you'd be the first in the world to hit those numbers IMO.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hit the numbers is not a problem, the problem to hit them safely for engine and transmission...

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Hit the numbers is not a problem, the problem to hit them safely for engine and transmission...
[/b]
Mr Tea has been running around 350hp at the crank for a while on his ATX, you should have no issue with the mtx. Also, he has a completely rebuilt engine and is still only at 250whp and 260tq. I will be very skeptical about anyone hitting 350whp until I see a dyno

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check mine when I'll complete mine first stage...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
you can get stronger gears for the 5sp already, through HiBoost or SCI. HiBoost will shot peen/cryo a tranny for you if you want even for like $1200 or something.

there aren't any other direct bolt on items. everything else will take some fabrication. i'm looking at mtx-75 intstall this month, but far from bolt on i'd guess.

depending on what snail you throw on the car, 350 is a totally reachable #. the GT30 could do it most likely and the GT35 could without issues as it's over 500hp on the Mazda3 already. just takes some work and enjoying lag. by the time my tranny is done, i'll be shooting for 300hp daily driven with the VF22....i think 320-350 is gonna be tapping this one out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2 MrTea
Please more information about all this...
HiBoost selling for 1200$ better tranny or parts for it, or they re-working tranny gived them tranny for this price ?
Who is SCI ?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
by the time my tranny is done, i'll be shooting for 300hp daily driven with the VF22....i think 320-350 is gonna be tapping this one out.
[/b]
If only the 6s could be modded as easy as the 6i, or pretty much what I should say is if only the 6 in general was a easy mod car.... That's what makes us so special :love: AWWWWWWW..................

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If only the 6s could be modded as easy as the 6i, or pretty much what I should say is if only the 6 in general was a easy mod car.... That's what makes us so special :love: AWWWWWWW..................
[/b]

From reading, what Mr. Tea has done to his car and what he has been through with it is hardly "easy". :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everything easy if you have needed money for this :)

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
check out mazda3forums.com .....most of the info you could need is on there somewhere. then there's always FocalJet.com.

just need to do some searching and all your questions will be answer.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I already searched 3forum
Everything what was found complains and thoughts. No decision.
I will search more of course. But the only thing I see here for now is to order a clutch components somewhere at military production.

Also some info
MFA60 5speed is transmission for 6s MTX.
The 6i transmission is BG6 producted by Aishin AI company.
So I continiue my quest in search of stronger tranny.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
they only tranny that will bolt up at the bell housing is that of a ford focus. those trannies can be built to whatever power level you want....been around forever. if you got the cash, it's an option. though i know the problem a guy in Austalia ran into is the tranny used on thier focus had the starter on the wrong side, so he was looking at importing one from here. you can get a mtx-75 here for $400 or so around here.

HiBoost makes gears, i think he just needs to get a few more sets in, and i think SCI sells his stuff to make it easier for the US people.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hm.
So as I understood I need to search Fords MTX-75 from focus. And MTX-75 will cost me 400$ plus re-build to needed power capacity ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.