Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Nice video. Kill the music some so we can here the cars. :)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Woa, I must be too tired after work; cant understand how a car that takes longer time to get to the finish line - wins? :huh:
[/b]
Almost all drag-racing is done from the time that your car begins moving, not from when the light turns green (which is called a "heads-up" race). Taken to the extreme, there's "ET Bracket" racing which actually gives each car a different time for a green light and the object is to catch up before the end. Really, unless you're specifically doing heads-up racing, the green light doesn't mean a thing, you can start whenever you want.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sigma got it. Matt jumped the light that bum, lol.

The cars were stock so the music was only covering the weak stock rumble
[/b]

did he redlight? or did you just have a bad reaction time?

·
Registered
595 Posts
so matt had 100 octane in, and an intake - but still trapped a lower speed than a stock ms6 on 93 pump gas? that is odd. I can see a slower et, because that it dependant on the 60ft and shifting, but the trap should still be around 99-100mph at very least with the mods I would think. maybe his shift points are off?

·
Registered
803 Posts
havent watched the video yet, but i'd guess it had to do with the driver. 2 diff drivers in the same car could run 2 different times.

wow, we have similar 60ft's but it felt likei took off a lot quicker than you guys did.

ill make sure to video the next time i go to the track. looking at dec. 2, and may have my intake by then. ran my 13 in 70 degree weather, if its around 40-50, ill be looking for mid 13's with or without the intake :)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Nice vid. Just out of curiousity, how much $$ does it take to do a few track runs, and are you limited to the number of runs or something else like time the track is open, etc?

·
Registered
189 Posts
moroso saturday gogo! open dp aka me will be there

·
Registered
706 Posts
He's obviously not shifting at the right r's or may be a slow shifter. You guys had identical 60's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Shifting points are very important.[/b]
Tell me about it!!! I royally sucked my first time at the track. I didn't do anything right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts