1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
They are different durometers of poly...

AWR also makes a mount, but its going to be the hardest of the 3....

Call StreetUnit and talk to them, they carry i'll 3 and will be very helpful....

·
Registered
851 Posts
have we established yet whether it will handle the heat yet?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
uh oh.....

It all depends upon which one will be less expensive

·
Registered
851 Posts
well we have 3 to choose from now. the street unit one at $99 the awr one at ~$75 and the cpe at $129

·
Registered
721 Posts
have we established yet whether it will handle the heat yet?
[/b]
yes i want to know the answer to this as well before i buy.

·
Registered
356 Posts
yes i want to know the answer to this as well before i buy.
[/b]
DJ!
Yessir, the temperature is being addressed. I actually had to source a new company to find material to withstand the high temperatures.

The photos on the site will vary slightly from the completed version. That is a photo of the protortype.

Do you guys want any other info?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
So when can we expect the full kit, and will there be discounts for buying the full kit instead of one at a time?

·
Registered
53 Posts
DJ!
Yessir, the temperature is being addressed. I actually had to source a new company to find material to withstand the high temperatures.

The photos on the site will vary slightly from the completed version. That is a photo of the protortype.

Do you guys want any other info?
[/b]

Are you using a high-temperature urethane?

·
Registered
132 Posts
So when can we expect the full kit, and will there be discounts for buying the full kit instead of one at a time?
[/b]
Once the full kit is complete, yeah their will be a full kit price that will be cheaper than buying each mount individually. The full kit however is still about 2-3 months away.

Yes, we are using a specially designed high temperature urethane.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So has anyone tried the street unit one? I have only heard things about the CPE.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can anyone show me where is engine mount location? I did a search but can not see anyone post the pic. The pic from CPE website is useful but can't figure out where it actually sits. I want to get an idea of how easy it can be done by DIY. Thanks.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Can anyone show me where is engine mount location? I did a search but can not see anyone post the pic. The pic from CPE website is useful but can't figure out where it actually sits. I want to get an idea of how easy it can be done by DIY. Thanks.
[/b]
http://www.streetunitforum.com/attachment....mp;d=1162666052

there is a shot of the stock mount

SU mount project is waiting on the high temp material to come in. The aluminum mount is machined and ready, just waiting to set the bushings now.

The mounts that are being looked at for production is the rear mount (almost done), the rear differential mount, passenger side, and then driver side. One at a time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
[/b]

I did it myself a week or two ago. Just drove the car up on some ramps, and went at it. Took about 60 min or so, as a couple of the bolts gave me a little trouble when I went to put the mount back in. I had to lift the engine/trans back up while trying to push the bolt through the hole. When you take out the OE mount, you will see the whole engine/trans drop a bit. To get the new mount in, you have to lift it up. I had a jack underneath, and that helped - but still had to lift in position manually - took some balls so man up. Totally worth it though as shifting is so much better now - with hardly any extra vibration in my case.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks. So it is actually under the car not the hood.

·
Registered
851 Posts
if your doing an oil change, you can change out the mount at the same time.

if you take down the air dam you can see it toward the back end of the motor near the firewall

·
Registered
249 Posts
IC. May be next time I will ask my own mechanic to change it when changing the oil. I think it will be easier for more hands to do it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
why? you don't even need to support the motor to change it? its all of i think 5 or 6 bolts that hold it in.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts