Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever found yourself immediately regretting your decision to go somewhere once you’re there? Okay it wasn’t exactly that bad, but I was pretty disappointed with the turnout.

In search of some Youtube content I was looking into local meets I could go to around my area. One of my friends suggested I go to these bimonthly meets called Otaku Thursdays. Honestly the name alone should have set off some red flags in my head, but I pressed onwards.

o·ta·ku

/ōˈtäko͞o/

noun

plural noun: otaku

1. (in Japan) a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills.

The meet was extremely small, in fact the meet I hosted at a boba shop a month before was bigger (only around 12-15 people)! The people there also were quite awkward and had little to no social skills from what I can observe and experienced by striking up conversation with them. Not sure if I will go to another one, but here is a short recap of the whole experience. Bonus footage of a few pulls I did against my brother’s V6 Accord!

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
Hey man, I know you've been having fun with these vids and whatnot but I have to remind you that this forum does not condone or promote ANY un-regulated racing of any sort. It's not only dangerous to the people doing it, but the ones around them.

Also, finding someone's identity online and tracing it back to illegal activities such as this is easier than you think, and I don't want evidence of your stunts to bite you in the butt some day. Just a word of advice.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man, I know you've been having fun with these vids and whatnot but I have to remind you that this forum does not condone or promote ANY un-regulated racing of any sort. It's not only dangerous to the people doing it, but the ones around them.

Also, finding someone's identity online and tracing it back to illegal activities such as this is easier than you think, and I don't want evidence of your stunts to bite you in the butt some day. Just a word of advice.
I honestly didn't think about that, thank you for bringing this up. Should I delete the post since it does have that bit at the end?

·
Rally Racer
1,994 Posts
I honestly didn't think about that, thank you for bringing this up. Should I delete the post since it does have that bit at the end?
Let your frontal cortex be your guide, unless your under 25 and then it's not fully developed yet. As a post 25 yr old, I would say edit the last bit out of the video and leave the post. :geek:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let your frontal cortex be your guide, unless your under 25 and then it's not fully developed yet. As a post 25 yr old, I would say edit the last bit out of the video and leave the post. :geek:

Haha I just turned 23, good advice I will try to utilize that from here on out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Haha I just turned 23, good advice I will try to utilize that from here on out.
Good to know that you are willing to ask and follow an advice.

Why is it that it has to be 25? Generally at that age, you have finished your degree and is already working. Usually you just enjoy the days, get married, have kids, etc.

Or you disregard your parents' advice, you don't finish your degree, get married at a young age, have kids, etc.

Then when you reach mid-forties, you think that if only you have started a small investment at that early age, where you don't have much responsibility, paying a minimal amount of $100 a month for 5 years, you should have a good amount of money that has reached its maturity right now, and is ready to be pulled out anytime.

I can't imagine how much is it right now, if compounded by just 4% annually...

I think I'm describing myself.

·
Rally Racer
1,994 Posts
Good to know that you are willing to ask and follow an advice.

Why is it that it has to be 25? Generally at that age, you have finished your degree and is already working. Usually you just enjoy the days, get married, have kids, etc.

Or you disregard your parents' advice, you don't finish your degree, get married at a young age, have kids, etc.

Then when you reach mid-forties, you think that if only you have started a small investment at that early age, where you don't have much responsibility, paying a minimal amount of $100 a month for 5 years, you should have a good amount of money that has reached its maturity right now, and is ready to be pulled out anytime.

I can't imagine how much is it right now, if compounded by just 4% annually...

I think I'm describing myself.
You are very funny good sir.
The Frontal Cortex does not fully finish developing until somewhere around 25yr old. The last to fully finish up responsible for what we call persistence, judgement, and reason.

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
The Frontal Cortex does not fully finish developing until somewhere around 25yr old. The last to fully finish up responsible for what we call persistence, judgement, and reason.
While I know this is scientifically correct, I would wager average (not all) people don't start to enter full mental maturity until much later (~30s), as a result of expanding lifespans, technology, society, etc. It's much more rare to see someone fully mature at age 25 in our world than someone who is still figuring things out (in my observance/experience).

@Modzas6x like the others said, I'd leave the post, but try to edit out the final part since both this forum and youtube are 100% open to the public.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts