Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I searched

Here's the problem - My stereo(2004 bose) CD function didn't work this morning, I would hit the mode button and it would just toggle between the 2 FM's and the AM, I hit the CD button and nothing happens. I do have the audiolink unit installed but it has worked perfectly for months. After a half hour of driving I turned the car off and on again and the CD fuction was back as well as the EX for the Ipod. It was about 55 this morning and this has only occured once before about a month ago when it was about 65 one morning. Does anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this malfunction? When the weather has been above 70 this has never happened thats why I say possibly outside temp related.
Any help is appreciated!
Derek

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
55 isn't cold enough to affect the operation of the CD player. it sounds more like a problem with the HU. if it continues to work i wouldn't worry about it. if it starts failing again & under warranty, remove your AL and take to the dealer.

if not under warranty, try using the HU without the AL attached. this will help determine whether it's causing the problem, or if it's in the HU.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a similar problem right now. Mu audiolink is connected and has been working fr a few months. Yesterday, the CD button works to select the CD changer, but pushing again doesn't do anything, so i can't get to AUX for the audiolink? I have no idea why. Does the audiolink have its own fuse?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
try disconnecting & reconnecting the AL cable at the AL.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'll give it a shot when i get home. Good thing i kept the AL box in a place i could reach it without taking apart the dash. Some more background on my issue ...

This is one of 2 problems I had yesterday. The first is that the car had some starting trouble. I haven't driven the car in 7 days, and i left the ipod plugged into the audiolink. It appears that over 7 days the ipod and audiolink killed my car battery. Anyone else have this problem with audiolink? Eventually the car started, all the needles spiked to the high end, and then went to normal. I'm told this is the guages doing a self test and its a good sign the battery is low, so i left the car running for 40 minutes or so and now it seems to be fine, except for the audiolink problem. Does the audiolink have its own inline fuse, if anyone knows I'd rather not take apart my dash to investigate and find that it doesn't ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also had this problem the other day and couldn't figure it out. My car was parked at the airport for a few days and it snowed and so it was pretty cold out obviously and the AL still works but I can't use my steering wheel controls anymore. I haven't tried any CDs but maybe I will tonight and see how that goes. I also sent an email to therpmstore and I will let you know if I get anything back from them.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
start with disconnecting the AL cable at the AL. i had this problem once several months ago. disconnecting & reconnecting the cable with the radio on did the trick.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i had to have my radio replaced last week... my cd did the same thing and also my driver side speakers kept cutting out....

if its still under warranty bring it by the dealership, they will hook it up to the computer and find out whats wrong..... sounds like the radio though...

i also have an 04 with Bose...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts