Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,

I noticed strange sound when starting the car, it go low when I start on the A/C, and the A/C is not cooling well, I guess it is the A/C bearing,

Is it common issue with Mazda

it is Model 2003 2.0 Mazda 6

this is a video

https://vimeo.com/user88274480/review/284308700/0b80be5535

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Rally Racer
2,715 Posts
That definitely sounds like a bearing to me. Pull off the serpentine belt and rotate all the bearings by hand. Usually that's what it takes to find out which one is bad. I have replaced three bearings on my V6 and I still have one that I hear whinny at start up at the front of the engine and it sounds like my air conditioner compressor but I haven't spun it yet to be sure.
If the AC is not working well it's possible you're low on refrigerant and that would mean that the compressor is running dry. This is not good for compressors as that refrigerant is the lubricant as well. This may be a separate issue from your compressor clutch bearing though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That definitely sounds like a bearing to me. Pull off the serpentine belt and rotate all the bearings by hand. Usually that's what it takes to find out which one is bad. I have replaced three bearings on my V6 and I still have one that I hear whinny at start up at the front of the engine and it sounds like my air conditioner compressor but I haven't spun it yet to be sure.
If the AC is not working well it's possible you're low on refrigerant and that would mean that the compressor is running dry. This is not good for compressors as that refrigerant is the lubricant as well. This may be a separate issue from your compressor clutch bearing though.
I guess it was the compressor coz I feel it loose when I rotate it.

will change it later

Thanx for your comment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts