Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I love this car. There is no better bang for the buck available today. :love:
I dropped my Speed6 by the dealer today because it started making a "chunk" sound from the rear end under hard aceleration AND deaceleration. It sounds almost as if the drivetrain is slipping. It is a very disconcerting sound. The dealer (these folks have been great to me so far) called Mazda and they said:
"We are aware of the problem but do not currently have a fix"
The car was returned to me with a reference number about the call to Mazda and a statement that said no fix available.
WTF!?
Has anyone else experienced this strange noise?
Has anyone else had a resolution?
I tried a search, but nothing popped up.
Anyone?

The dealer said they would let me know if they hear something from Mazda.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hmmm... Doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ask them if it is the rear axles, my front one just broke and i was getting a thumping noise when i would make left turns

·
Registered
829 Posts
well, when I had my car in for the purge valve, they didn't know how to fix it either, so they kept my car for like 10/12 days. I guess you could either get some crappy rental car to drive while they figure it out, or keep driving yours? =)

Sorry, don't know much else to tell ya.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Let me start by saying I love this car. There is no better bang for the buck available today. :love:
I dropped my Speed6 by the dealer today because it started making a "chunk" sound from the rear end under hard aceleration AND deaceleration. It sounds almost as if the drivetrain is slipping. It is a very disconcerting sound. The dealer (these folks have been great to me so far) called Mazda and they said:
The car was returned to me with a reference number about the call to Mazda and a statement that said no fix available.
WTF!?
Anyone?
[/b]
sounds like a carrier bearing is torn. i believe there is 2

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear the dealer wasn't teasing me about other people having problems. I am sure they will get it sorted out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
they better or you better kick them in the F'n skull! :)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they better or you better kick them in the F'n skull! :)
[/b]
I prefer the "kill them with kindness" approach, today i brought pizza with me when I picked up my car. I save the skull kicking for the empolyees at work lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts
lol, good for you, on the other hand i am 6"5' and 225, so they don't really cause issues with me :D i could try the pizza issue, but i am too cheap, lol j/king

·
Registered
477 Posts
My guess would be one of the busings holding the rear end in place is toast. I've heard of this happening on other MS6's and I bet Mazda will recall it, or at least do a TSB once they engineer a new, firmer bushing.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My guess would be one of the busings holding the rear end in place is toast. I've heard of this happening on other MS6's and I bet Mazda will recall it, or at least do a TSB once they engineer a new, firmer bushing.
[/b]
Good info, I feel much better!
Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
Good info, I feel much better!
Thanks
[/b]

like i said above carrier bearing. same problem happens in the awd dsms. you get that thunk and thats from the diff and drive shaft hitting something hard.

·
Registered
361 Posts
So if it is a carrier bearing or something along those lines, can it cause a problem running the car with the "break"? If Mazda doesn't have a fix now, and this causes another problem later, are they then going to say you were "beating on your car"? Thus forcing you to pay for repaires.
Food for thought, or a thought for food.... damn I'm hungry.....

·
Registered
305 Posts
WTF!?
Anyone?
[/b]

I would call Mazda quoting your reference number and ask what the problem is. They may not have a fix but they should at least explain what the problem is. I can't believe they just sent you on your way with that weak explanation. Unbelievable!

·
Registered
851 Posts
So if it is a carrier bearing or something along those lines, can it cause a problem running the car with the "break"? If Mazda doesn't have a fix now, and this causes another problem later, are they then going to say you were "beating on your car"? Thus forcing you to pay for repaires.
Food for thought, or a thought for food.... damn I'm hungry.....
[/b]

in the dsm's it was a design flaw and they just tore easy.

from my understanding when i looked at it the other day it seems like the same situation with the motor mount, they just tear, just from daily use.

they have replaced those motor mounts under warrenty so i wouldn't see why they wouldn't replace this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts