Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought an 06 Mazda6 V6 3.0, its my first car and buying it I knew it had some issues that would need to be fixed. I was told the egr had been replaced but it still had an engine light. (I replaced the oil pressure sensor radiator and fan assembly and replaced a motor mount) The car has a tendency to surge and lug sporadically (driving for long periods of time tends to cause it most). When it lugs and surges pressing the gas does nothing the speed drops and it down shifts I think to gain torque to make up for a loss of power. The only thing that acts as a temporary fix is pulling over and turning the car off, letting it sit and then turning it back on, this lets me at least make it the rest of the way home. I took it to a local mechanic and they told me the issue was the throttle body, 300 dollars later I was told the issue is fixed but it was not after I drove it home. I then I took it to a Mazda dealership. They told me I had a major vacuum leak on the egr gasket and that I probably need to replace the whole egr valve because it looked like the first time was a rebuild kit not full replacement. They mentioned a possible issue with the transmission slipping but that might be related to the egr causing the vehicle to run lean. They gave many other issues that didn't entirely sound like they needed to be fixed atm. All in all for what they wanted to do I was looking at around 600+ dollars that I couldn't easily spend. I paid for the inspection took it home and replaced for the egr gasket hoping for the best. This however did not fix it, I have been considering the egr bypass mod I saw on here recently, but wanted to be sure that was my issue before I did any thing. Today the car started lugging and surging early while I was driving. After I was headed home it immediately started surging (not normal, it usually starts after a 30 mins to 1 hour) I had to pull over 3-4 times and turn the car off and back on again. I also recorded a strange noise that it does occasional when things gets really bad. Any suggestions or info would be extremely appreciated. (strange noise video)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts