Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, background: 2003 6s (MT obviously) with ~60K miles. Clutch has been 100% happy up until a couple days ago when it started exhibiting this weird behavior.

When I depress the clutch pedal, it doesn't always come all the way back up. Doesn't matter if I'm in gear or neutral. It comes about half way, and then stops. After a second it'll pop back out the rest of the way, or I can nudge it with my foot. The clutch seems to be fully engaged though because it doesn't slip in this position. The pedal has strong vibrations in it in the middle position, and the timing of the pedal moving on its own is distracting and messing up my driving.

Has anybody heard of this before?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
when my clutch exploded the pedal stuck to the floor. maybe yours is on its way out?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thats the last thing I wanted to hear.. thanks for the input though. I guess the 6 will be going into the dealer first thing after christmas.. and hopefully not coming back with a new clutch.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Could just be your hydraulics, but I am leaning to the clutch plate failing. Sorry. Been there, done that (under warranty at 45K miles!!!!).

Merry Christmas, eh?

Hey, if you get a new clutch go aftermarket. Click me!!!

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
well thats sounds like one of 4 things. Like stated above it could be ur pressure plate failing, which honestly i hope is not the case.

2. your clutch slave is shot or leaking. i hope its that cause that can be changed on ur own in about 10 mins. then the bleeding will just take the longest amount of time.

3. your low on fluid and it doenst have enough pressure to push the pedal back up. where if thats the problem just fill up the resevoir.

4. your shift lever is bent or missaligned somehow causing it to stick somwhere and not allow it to fully come back to rest position.

******check u fluid level in ur brake resevoir.......and check for leaks at the clutch slave and check if the shift lever is visually bent or somewhat out of place

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, got word from the dealership, and the clutch slave was shot. At least its going to be significantly cheaper than the clutch itself failing. Thought I'd post in case anyone has similar problems in the future.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Hey, got word from the dealership, and the clutch slave was shot. At least its going to be significantly cheaper than the clutch itself failing. Thought I'd post in case anyone has similar problems in the future.[/b]

GOOD SHIT.,..........GLAD IT WAS THE CLUTCH SLAVE

·
Registered
81 Posts
They greased it up and tested it, same problem - so now they've ordered a master cylinder for it...

covered under extended warranty :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
deeps
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing