Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing a 2017 Mazda 6 this weekend. Car is reserved. Put money down.
I am concerned about 19" rims and afraid I won't like the ride. Are the tires going to have to thin of a side wall. Would I have a more cushioned ride with 17" rims and tires with a little thicker side wall...looking forward to joining the Mazda 6 club. Mine will have 6 speed manual!

·
Registered
'16 M6, 2.5L, ATX
47 Posts
I've bought mine in January with 19" stock alloy rims, and used 17" stock alloys (with Yokohama Bluearth Winter V905) during winter. Two weeks ago switched back to summer set (Bridgestone Turanza T001), I don't feel any difference.
A few people says the larger set is more rough, you can feel every bump and pothole, but for me it's almost the same. The only observable difference is its sound, I think the summer tires are the original ones, a bit louder than the new winter ones.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I can't say if there's a difference but my observations from being on this forum since spring 2017 - is that I have seen, really, few ride complaints with the 19's. I have the Cdn equiv. of the Sport trim - which comes with 17's. No general complaints re the 17's - but I personally think the 19's look a lot better.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts