Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a cheap way to make your wheel look differently? Has anyone think of / try this way? at least you don't have to wash your wheel so regularly as dirt won't make it look so different.

P.S. powder coated to Black rim.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
yea, i started a thread exactly like this one....... if you dont feel like waiting, all the information will be there..... look for "Stock rims painted black".....

-Adeel

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow... Thanks so much! That is what I am looking for!! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
im gonna powder coat mine white. they should come out something like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Have fun keeping those clean.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Has anyone ever spray-painted wheels before? I know it can be done right, but I'm not sure what kind of paint to use. I just want a flat black with no gloss. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
297 Posts
im gonna powder coat mine white. they should come out something like this.
[/b]
Man, you are courageous... our brakes produce so much brake dust that my front rims end up dark grey after a week or two if I don't wash them. I think I'd get mine painted the same color as the brake dust

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Man, you are courageous... our brakes produce so much brake dust that my front rims end up dark grey after a week or two if I don't wash them. I think I'd get mine painted the same color as the brake dust
[/b]
hell just get it powder coated with brake dust hehe =)

·
Registered
189 Posts
haha yep brake dust is terrible :( Anyone done this on a black ms6? I might end up doing it but wanted to see what it looked like.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From the pic above, looks like pure black. Has anyone done it like kind of carbon black?

·
Registered
592 Posts
i didnt powder coat mine (white car) i actually painted them with black #23 auto paint with a high gloss... Youd be looking to spend around $400 $500 to have them prepped & painted. But if you wanted to save yourself some money then use a scotch brite pad and sand them down yourself so all you will have to pay for is paint. you will save alot that way. It doesnt take an expert either to sand them down. just gotta do it enough to take the clear coat off and make sure you get all the corners really well... This is how we do it at a professional custom shop.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll be powdercoating mine charcoal soon....maybe within the next month. I photoshopped mine (see pic below) to see how it would look....doesn't look to bad. Might look REALLY good on a white 6.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has anyone ever spray-painted wheels before? I know it can be done right, but I'm not sure what kind of paint to use. I just want a flat black with no gloss. Any suggestions?
[/b]

ATE BALLER,

Ya, I helped my son spray re-paint some aluminum mag wheels for his dark green VW Corrado with Dupli-Color High Performance Wheel Coating in a bronze colour and we also polished the lip of the wheel. Looked like a million bucks and they didn't look like a do- it -yourself job either. They looked like they'd just come from the factory, really turned out nice and it was very easy to do......other than the tape job. Any automotive supply or speed shop should carry the Dupli-Color Paint which also comes in a clear coat to
finish them off nicely.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Wiggum, thanks for posting those pics. I've been thinking about stripping my wheels and painting them black and now I am absolutely going to.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts