Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello v6'rs (after searching...)
Im looking at a new clutch after some odd "howles" as i enguage the clutch going forward after reversing out of a parking spot. I was wondering if the exedy stage 1 was needed for general add ons, IE intake, header ETC. staying NA. Or can I save the 100+ and just go OEM exedy. I am planning on the fidanza flywheel as well. I figure since the stock crank HP/torque is around 215/220 do I really need a clutch that can take over 100 hp more? (I do have 88 duro mounts all around) Im asking becaue there is a seller on ebay who has the fidanza flywheel and OEM exedy clutch for 450 or something...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but what about the exedy OEM or stage 1? I dont see this thing making over 250 at the crank while staying NA... so is the stage 1 really needed? I am debating Exedy light flywheel and Fidanza... While they add little to no to little HP in the top gears, they most def do their magic in 1-3 gears...
I was wondering what is the best compromise for clutch longevity (more than the 50k the stocker lasted) and performance given its a grand to have installed? I saw people here like the fidanza but have gone through another clutch and flywheel surface in 60k? is that the result of a light flywheel needing more feathering?
My old CB7 accord clutch lasted over 150k on one clutch and my friend is still driving it a 100 miles back and forth from the mountain daily! Why cant the v6 pull that off?!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Honda = no torque.... but really its all how you drive. Drive like an idiot and you'll be replacing stuff faster...
But trust me, there is no reason to upgrade the clutch or fw. I ran a stock $48.00 2g clutch disc with 1g pp in my Talon with a welded center diff and i could spin (well fry cause it smoked them good) all 4 doing a clutch drop at 10mph pushing well over 300 to the wheels. Of course the disc cracked around the hub but never broke loose while in the car. This was on the original fw that i 'surfaced' using a 3m sanding disc while it was on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
TalonTsi90
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing