Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock stereo skips at least every 5-10 minutes no matter how smooth the road is and often while at a stoplight. I don't think every one of my CD's are dirty or scratched. Do others have a similiar experience or should I take it in for repair. I know if I do it won't skip at all the whole time it is at the dealer though.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Reading Topic: Stock Stereo

never heard that....tho i have the 6-disc...i say get that sucker checked out!!!

-yasir

·
Registered
272 Posts

I get a lot of skips over bumps but I knew that would happen. Burned CDs tend to skip a lot more than store bought ones. Cheaper material maybe? No problems here though.

·
Registered
895 Posts

Mine has never skipped, not once. And I live in Buffalo, where you're actually driving in one huge pothole.

·
Registered
126 Posts

My CD player only skips with one CD I have, a strangely colored CD-R, and only on the first track. Otherwise, it's fine.

·
Registered
498 Posts

My 6-disc change has yet to skip, either with a burned CD or a factory CD. I'd get it checked out.

T

·
0 Posts

Mine Skips when I go over bumps ...Not always ...otherwise..Im good ....Its amazing sound ...just need more BASS !!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Stock Stereo'

Originally posted by Spiff

My CD player only skips with one CD I have, a strangely colored CD-R, and only on the first track.  Otherwise, it's fine.[/b]
i noticed that on portable cd players in the past, when they get aged, they tend to skip on the first one or two tracks... we'll see if it goes the same with our 6's cd players...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts