Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, so hope this is the right place for it.

I've been to a dealer to inspect the '06's but either wasn't paying attention or went again when dealer was closed. I was interested in where they place the speakers on the 5 door. I see from the sedan that they have two speakers on the rear ledge and what looks like a sub perhaps. So, the obvious question is...where do they place these in the 5 door and can anyone comment on whether or not it sounds worse because of the placement.

Final question (obviously I can answer all this when I go to the dealer next time....but I'm impatient), I understand the whole Bose being over-rated and over-marketed thing. However, I was in a recent Altima that had quite an excellent sound (bose). The 2.5S had just 6 speakers (don't think it included sub), don't know the wattage, and made a great impression (haven't heard their 8 speaker version option). Can anyone who's heard both the altima and the mazda 6 stereo make a comparison? Thanks in advacne.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The Bose sub is in the spare tyre well, and the speakers are in the sides of the rear doors. I think it sounds just fine. I actually like the sub's sound more in the hatch than in the sedan.

·
Registered
117 Posts
personally, bose systems are better in nissan's cars than in the m6. test drove maxima and altima, and family has had multiple maximas...all sounded better. The wattage is much higher in maxima, and sound clarity (highs and lows) much cleaner in the nissan cars. But that sure as hell didn't stop me from buying the mazda!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got a 5 door w/ the bose and love the sound quality that I have. I haven't noticed any poor quality with cds vs. radio and LOVE the way it sounds...especially turned up with the windows down!!! :drive:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
The Bose sub is in the spare tyre well, and the speakers are in the sides of the rear doors. I think it sounds just fine. I actually like the sub's sound more in the hatch than in the sedan.
[/b]
I agree on the subwoofer, though both are inadequate to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
ZoomZoom Diva
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing